guess

11 replies to this topic

#1 sm0ke

sm0ke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Pls add the skill Witchcraft of Krobelus.
Can make it to get mana payback/restore when hero cast other spells. 10/15/20/25 MP restore per cast.
* (There can be limit of spell's manacost. So not to restore when cost less then 100 mp)

Ofc, does not affect CD of skills.
And still keep MS bonus. (5% 10% 15% 20%)

#2 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

The speed boost is kinda goofy.  It's called "witchcraft."  Let's make it about spells, purely.

Increases intelligence by 2/3/4/5

Increases damage of all spells by 8%/13%/17%/20%

every time an enemy casts a spell in a 1200 aoe area witchcraft steals mana from the caster and gives it to your hero.  15/25/35/45

Try this and tweak if if it's too op or too weak.  

#3 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

The speed boost is kinda goofy.  It's called "witchcraft."  Let's make it about spells, purely.

Increases intelligence by 2/3/4/5

Increases damage of all spells by 8%/13%/17%/20%

every time an enemy casts a spell in a 1200 aoe area witchcraft steals mana from the caster and gives it to your hero.  15/25/35/45

Try this and tweak if if it's too op or too weak.  

First great suggestion you've made so far Cricket, keep it up.

I aprove of all these additions to Witchcraft but insist on keeping the movement speed.

I can accept if cooldown reduction is neglected due to coding issues and the hassle of making a second layer of every skill on the map.
- But I still desire it if possible and arsed by coders.

Verdict: Yes. Implemented Witchcraft, buff it. Keep movement bonus, regain mana on cast (to emulate reduced mana cost on spells) and soak mana from enemies.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#4 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

If youre gonna do a ms bonus make it 5/10/15/20 ms.  Dont do the % cause the totality of the suggested tweaks would be OP.  I'm already worried the skill will be slightly op if you add any ms bonus.

#5 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

Keep movement speed as a percentage booster.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#6 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Too op.  It's a regular skill, not an ult.  If you add all these positive stats to one skill it will be like beserkers blood used to be.  Added attack speed, added damage, added magic resistance.  Then people were like damn that's op!  So they take off the damage and still ppl are like damn that's still op!  Someone else weigh in on this.  Whiteboard and I have stated our opinions.

#7 UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Too op.  It's a regular skill, not an ult.  If you add all these positive stats to one skill it will be like beserkers blood used to be.  Added attack speed, added damage, added magic resistance.  Then people were like damn that's op!  So they take off the damage and still ppl are like damn that's still op!  Someone else weigh in on this.  Whiteboard and I have stated our opinions.

Berserk's Blood firstly added Damage and Attack speed per stack, now it add Resistance and Huge Attack speed compared to before. Now is more OP if you use it right :)

#8 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Keep the speed buff.

5 int and 15 mana refund on cast is a weak pick for a skill slot.

As it is, the skill has now become a jack of all trades.

It refunds mana, grants movement speed, drains others mana, gives attribute points and buffs spell damage.
Casters rely alot on either being able to disable it's targets and hostiles chasing them.
Or - Having mobility to disengage their pursuers.

Keep the movement speed (with percentage modifier).

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#9 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hmm, my addition would be that it should make caster actually WANT TO use 1 perfect spell slot for a passive skill instead of lets say additional stun.. Doesnt mostly happen, only maybe if you plan to get shadow razes.

So movement speed bonus is great for casters but what i would like to see is making it really improve casters ability in combat by actually making you able to takedown your opponents. Let's say enemy has berserkers blood<- Which probably is always picked in games and mostly makes casters useless against them if they do not have pure dmg or mixed damage/physical spells. Which i mostly tend to pick atleast 1 just for this reason but about 95% atleast on our server do not do this and are always fucked when enemy has berserks blood<- Every game.

So for the spell dmg modifier: "Increases damage of all spells by 8%/13%/17%/20%" Could this be actually made so that the spell isn't simply just amplified but the percentual dmg is converted to another type? Let's say pure dmg.

20% amp doesn't really sound too much since hell i can farm this kind of item in just few minutes in game additionally giving also silence for me. So instead of 20%amp skill i can take goblins greed and farm tons of items faster that can achieve the same. But skill granting minor pure damage for each spell is what i think most people would take for additional spell just because of berserks blood. It's not tons of damage but it's just what you need to take down those guys.

Ech0

#10 sm0ke

sm0ke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, my addition would be that it should make caster actually WANT TO use 1 perfect spell slot for a passive skill instead of lets say additional stun.. Doesnt mostly happen, only maybe if you plan to get shadow razes.

So movement speed bonus is great for casters but what i would like to see is making it really improve casters ability in combat by actually making you able to takedown your opponents. Let's say enemy has berserkers blood<- Which probably is always picked in games and mostly makes casters useless against them if they do not have pure dmg or mixed damage/physical spells. Which i mostly tend to pick atleast 1 just for this reason but about 95% atleast on our server do not do this and are always fucked when enemy has berserks blood<- Every game.

So for the spell dmg modifier: "Increases damage of all spells by 8%/13%/17%/20%" Could this be actually made so that the spell isn't simply just amplified but the percentual dmg is converted to another type? Let's say pure dmg.

20% amp doesn't really sound too much since hell i can farm this kind of item in just few minutes in game additionally giving also silence for me. So instead of 20%amp skill i can take goblins greed and farm tons of items faster that can achieve the same. But skill granting minor pure damage for each spell is what i think most people would take for additional spell just because of berserks blood. It's not tons of damage but it's just what you need to take down those guys.

Ech0

I think that Berserker's blood will be reworked in next version.

Still i agree that in LOD, mana refund is less effective than spell dmg boost. The thing is that its more hard to code to affect all damaging spells.

AOE spells like Ravage, toss (that also boosted from grow), phys dmg spells, conditional spells (rupture), Static field of Zeus etc. So Witchcraft as dmg booster, that will work not with all spells be kinda halved...

Maybe i wrong about hardness to code ...

#11 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:49 AM

No worries.  If it's hard to code we can put the idea on the back burner till we run out of ideas and bug fixes for Draco and Resq :P

#12 sm0ke

sm0ke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hmm. I think if it will boost spell dmg then it should add constant amount (instead of % based). And yes, bonus dmg-type pure.

This way it can be applied to autocast attack modifiers (impetus, searing arrows, frost arrows etc)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users