#1 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

Greetings!

I wanted to notify that 6.84 is a mostly decent version, but, there is a single, major issue. Kills now grant weird, sometimes absurd amounts of gold. I have seen kills, with no kill streaks, grand 250(+750) gold. Makes every game like -em. This weird change needs to be reverted.

Also, has Spectre started spawning less in taverns? I hardly see her around. If dispersion is too overpowered, nerf it, instead of ruining my illusion/global builds :(

#2 sewww

sewww

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:58 AM

THe gold  gain is awesom and it fits good into lodo .
Spectre drafting is fine , ur just unlucky​

#3 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

I've also noticed recently how I simply end up with fuckloads of gold.

Usually time passes, a clash happens and I have roughly 2k-3k gold.
4k-5k for a teamwipe + tower.

I like the fact that items are more accessible now from hero encounters, but i'd like this to be investigated if it's intentional.
- It's much more than im used to.

#Spectredraft: No comment.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#4 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

The bonus gold gained through kills is based on the net worth of the enemy team, if they are far ahead of your own team you'll gain a lot more gold. It's the same in DotA 2, known as the "comeback" mechanic. If you are far ahead and make a mistake and die, your enemies can catch up. In the end it makes games a lot more unpredictable (which is a good thing) and less snowball-y.
Mistakes are punished much more severely. I like it, coupled with the buff to buyback (from -100% gold bounty from creepkills to -60% bounty), it's way better than just punishing dying by increasing buyback gold and or higher death times.

If it's changed in DotA 2 somewhere in the future, we'll change it in LoD too, but for the time being 99% of item changes and various gameplay changes (such as this gold bounty one) from DotA 2 are ported 1:1 into LoD.

#5 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

The bonus gold gained through kills is based on the net worth of the enemy team, if they are far ahead of your own team you'll gain a lot more gold. It's the same in DotA 2, known as the "comeback" mechanic. If you are far ahead and make a mistake and die, your enemies can catch up. In the end it makes games a lot more unpredictable (which is a good thing) and less snowball-y.
Mistakes are punished much more severely. I like it, coupled with the buff to buyback (from -100% gold bounty from creepkills to -60% bounty), it's way better than just punishing dying by increasing buyback gold and or higher death times.

If it's changed in DotA 2 somewhere in the future, we'll change it in LoD too, but for the time being 99% of item changes and various gameplay changes (such as this gold bounty one) from DotA 2 are ported 1:1 into LoD.

There is a reason so many of us quit vulva doto and went back to wc3. This is one of the biggest.

It does not enable enemies to catch up. It makes/forces them to catch up. It does not make games a lot more unpredictable, it makes them a bit more unpredictable and a lot less strategic. You do not need to worry about anything besides getting kills, farming, splitpushing, taking out enemy carries/teamfighters does not matter, just nukefest them all for max gold. Picking off a support is not longer a small deal, since anyone gives gold based on their teams networth.

More still, you get punished even harder for feeder teammates. Not only do they feed, but their feed is worth more based on your kills/farm.

You could always make comebacks, it was harder, but it was based on skill, not enforced by the system. And it makes all the targets the same, doesn't matter who you focus or target, the gold is the same.

If you absolutely must keep this mechanic, then keep it, but make the average hero kill bounty the same as before, so this insane gold inflation is gone and the enforced comeback is kept.

As for snowballing, just revert to the old system and increase the spree bonuses, so killing a snowballer is a bigger deal.

Honestly, I quit LoD for the time being just due to the insane gold inflation this caused. Casters were already not too good, now anything that is not a brutal lategame carry is worthless, since gold pours in so fast.

#6 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

More still, you get punished even harder for feeder teammates. Not only do they feed, but their feed is worth more based on your kills/farm.

This is probably the only thing that's really quite negative, the rest just needs getting used to this new meta.

#7 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

This is probably the only thing that's really quite negative, the rest just needs getting used to this new meta.

Instead of various viable strategies - ganking, teamfighting, farming, pushing, there is only one - killing heroes at mass amounts. How is that not a negative thing?

More so, more gold coming in=lategame comes faster, which punishes early gamers even more, when non-mid/lategame builds already are weak-ish in LoD.

To top it off, comebacks earn you no satisfaction. Your opponents do not need to make any mistakes. You focus as 5 on 1-2, get 1-2 kills and earn 3-4k gold for your team. While before, you really needed to outplay your opponents for a comeback and it was impactful and epic.

Maybe I am just speaking for myself, but this kind of bullshit (on top of crap balance, like 1,4BAT high stats jugger) is why I quit vulva doto. And I will not be playing 6.84 versions of LoD until it either gets reduced so average hero kill bounties are what they were, or the whole mechanic is canned.

If I wanted braindead pubtrain killfest, I would play Heroes of the Storm.

#8 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

Instead of various viable strategies - ganking, teamfighting, farming, pushing, there is only one - killing heroes at mass amounts. How is that not a negative thing?

More so, more gold coming in=lategame comes faster, which punishes early gamers even more, when non-mid/lategame builds already are weak-ish in LoD.

To top it off, comebacks earn you no satisfaction. Your opponents do not need to make any mistakes. You focus as 5 on 1-2, get 1-2 kills and earn 3-4k gold for your team. While before, you really needed to outplay your opponents for a comeback and it was impactful and epic.

Maybe I am just speaking for myself, but this kind of bullshit (on top of crap balance, like 1,4BAT high stats jugger) is why I quit vulva doto. And I will not be playing 6.84 versions of LoD until it either gets reduced so average hero kill bounties are what they were, or the whole mechanic is canned.

If I wanted braindead pubtrain killfest, I would play Heroes of the Storm.

Word.

Now that its mentioned, lod games feels more slacking when it comes to punishment.

Dota / Lod has a harsh nature for reward / punishment.
- Now it has dimminished.

I didnt know it was based on teams networth (which is bonkers).

Ideally you want a key target to elimenate for maximum profit:
- Both in terms of powerstruggle and power gathering.

- the snowballer
- a squishy controller during a clash
- cc the damage dealers
- interupt channeling skills

Now you can roam the supporters who just wards around the map. Get the same profit as if you killed the godlike farming carry.
- Nonsense.

On a harder inspection, this change pretty much forces people to go late game with any build.
 - Else you will be lacking much earlier than previously in performance.

Rubberbanding comeback is nice, but now that it has been mentioned. I like the harsh nature of falling behind and doing the sigh about how fucked we are.
- Because only then will it become meaningful to be ahead and thriving.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#9 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

Just a reminder that this is still an unsolved issue that is ruining 6.84 version maps.

#10 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Weekly remainder that LoD is in a horrible state due to the 6.84 rubberband.

#11 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:22 PM

No response has been given so far by developers regarding the rubberband topic.

Please respond to this topic.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#12 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Current gold mechanic isn't the same as it is in D2, it's outdated - "comeback" bonus gold isn't as high in d2 as it is right now in lod. It's already updated for next version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users