16 replies to this topic

#1 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi

There are several skills to which I would propose some kind of change and would like to hear what others think. I'll just randomly list them,there is no particular order.

Kraken shell
Rescale threshold for buff removal from 600/550/500/450 to a constant of 450 at all levels.
Reason for this change is if you pick this skill with hero that has starting STR below 20 it will result in your death before buff removal even triggers, therefore leveling this skill in the beginning is partially pointless.
Beside this you can also add spell damage reduction. So it will remove either physical or magical damage and removing 40 magic damage at lvl 4 is really not a big deal and will only increase chances of picking this skill.

Blur
As much as I remember it was already request to be nerfed. Personally I don't find it OP but sometimes it is strong. So we can rescale it in one of these two ways:
lvl1 - 20%, lvl2 - 28%, lvl3 - 36%, lvl4 - 44%
or
lvl1 - 26%, lvl2 - 32%, lvl3 - 38%, lvl4 - 44%

Desolate for melee, ranged, and illusions
Currently desolate makes a difference if you are thinking between melee or ranged hero. For illusions that doesn't count because on melee or ranged illusion desolate will deal same amount of damage therefore favoring ranged heroes. So, if it is codeable, please set those damage values something like this.
Melee hero: lvl1 - 20, lvl2 - 40, lvl3 - 60, lvl4 - 80
Ranged hero: lvl1 - 12, lvl2 - 24, lvl3 - 36, lvl4 - 48
Melee illusion: lvl1 - 10, lvl2 - 20, lvl3 - 30, lvl4 - 40
Ranged illusion: lvl1 - 7, lvl2 - 14, lvl3 - 21, lvl4 - 28

Mana break
Bring back this skill to illusions and code it like desolate:
Melee hero: lvl1 - 28, lvl2 - 40, lvl3 - 52, lvl4 - 64
Ranged hero: lvl1 - 16, lvl2 - 24, lvl3 - 32, lvl4 - 40
Melee illusion: lvl1 - 14, lvl2 - 20, lvl3 - 26, lvl4 - 32
Ranged illusion: lvl1 - 8, lvl2 - 12, lvl3 - 16, lvl4 - 20
If this values seem still too much nerf them like you wish.
But IMO you could leave this values and nerf the damage that is done after mana burn from 0.6 to 0.5 or even less. Nerfing this value will make illusion builds being less IMBA.

Null field
Personally I have never seen anyone picking this skill which doesn't mean that it's not picked but I assume that it is very rarely. In my opinion I would buff it a little
lvl1 - 10%, lvl2 - 15%, lvl3 - 20%, lvl4 - 25%,
and make it clickable. When clicked it's AOE will change from 900 to global and if activated on time it could save someone from mc+wrath or something similar.
Set CD to something like 100 sec (or what ever you think is appropriate) and duration of global effect to 4 - 6 secs.

Degen aura & Natural order
Increase their AOE to 400. No special reason for this besides making them a bit more effective. Doing this wont make them even near to OP so why not.

Flesh heap
Increase it's AOE to 600 to match the range of most ranged heroes since we can pick it on them. Lots of time when you don't make last hit in team fight you are left out of STR bonus because you were not close enough. Glaives of wisdom have 900 AOE so increasing AOE would be at least fair change.

Frost armor
Very weak skill and a pure waste of skill slot. Obvious suggestion is to buff it and make it worth picking:
lvl1 - 4 armor, MS reduction 15%, AS reduction 35%, 3HP regen
lvl2 - 6 armor, MS reduction 20%, AS reduction 45%, 3HP regen
lvl3 - 8 armor, MS reduction 25%, AS reduction 55%, 3HP regen
lvl4 - 10 armor, MS reduction 30%, AS reduction 65%, 3HP regen

Slow effect should effect both melee and ranged attacker.

3HP regen was added because this skill can be casted on structures as well so it would be nice addition besides living armor for healing towers.

Since the buff is huge I would also suggest to increase mana cost of spell, reduce duration to 30 sec, and increase CD to something between 6 - 10 sec.

Chain Frost

Speed of this ulti projectile always bothered me. I would trade infinite bounces for speed buff of about 25% or 30%. Having infinite number of jumps is pointless because eventually everybody will die or scatter around and end the ultimate. It's a win if you kill everybody but I rarely see that. It would be much more useful if you increase the speed of projectile a little so that it can deal more damage before heroes scatter.

lvl1 - same damage, (30% faster), 10(15) jumps
lvl2 - same damage, (30% faster), 10(20) jumps
lvl3 - same damage, (30% faster), 10(25) jumps

Scepter upgrade represent values in parenthesis.

Freezing field

I find this ultimate really strong. Amount of damage it can deal for its duration for only 250 mana every 70 sec is just too much.

Double the mana cost or set it like it's in Dota 200/400/600 and increase CD by 10 or 20 sec.

Beside this I would also remove 2 secs of repel and replace it with linken like Death ward has it.

Hero Terrorblade

Remove the footprints when hero walks. No reason for them, they just reveal your path and you can easily be followed.

As much as I remember some other hero leave footprints as well but cannot recall which one, maybe Tiny?

Item Diffusal blade

Replace charges with CD.

lvl1 - 40 sec CD
lvl2 - 25 sec CD

Mana burn:

Melee hero: lvl1 - 20, lvl2 - 36
Ranged hero: lvl1 - 12, lvl2 - 22
Melee illusion: lvl1 - 10, lvl2 - 18
Ranged illusion: lvl1 - 6, lvl2 - 11

That is all for now, regards.

P.S.

I forgot two spells.

Dragon blood

Nothing big but I would increase HP regen from 2/3/4/5 to 2/4/6/8.

Reactive armor

Increase the armor and HP regen gain per hit from 1 to 2. Keep the stack limit of 4/8/12/16.

#2 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:05 PM

Kraken - agree.

Blur - agree.  Do the first set of %'s

Desolate - agree partially.  Melee hero 80 on lvl 4.  Melee image should be 80 on lvl 4.   Range hero should be 60 on 4 and ranged image 40 on 4.  

Mana Break - remove the orb.  Mana burn plus feed back (mana burned burns same hp amount).  melee hero and images 20/26/32/36.  Ranged hero 14/19/24/29.

Ranged image 10/13/16/18    -and mana break stacks with diffusal.  The values are simply added.

Null Field -  lvl 1 null grants 1hp/s regen and 10% magic resistance in a 900 aoe.  lvl 2:  2hp/sec 15% mr. aoe 1000.  3: 3hp/s 19% mr, aoe 1100. 4: 4hp/s 22% mr, aoe 1200

-I dont want to see an active on null field.  I would like to see Hand of God buffed (to the values I suggested on another thread) to be a nice counter to mc zues/globals.

Natural Order - wow I did not realize the aoe was that small.  I never pick this because it gives creeps the icon and lets enemies know you are near.  I think that should be

removed for starters.   Increase its aoe to 400.

Degen Aura - pretty strong already but increasing aoe to 375 is fine.

Flesh Heap - omg yes.  wtf is with the current aoe?  you can kill a hero with chakk and 600 and it doesnt give you str.  lol?  Increase aoe to 625.

Frost armor -   What I would like to see is for the frost armor to be a passive on the hero who picks it.  That hero has the frost armor built in at all times  and the visual effect

is similar to enchantress skin where you dont see a visual effect until you hit the hero.  In addition the hero can cast the armor on structures and allies just as it is now.  The

armor changes: lv1 20% as/ms reduction, 4 armor, lvl2 24 as/ms red, 6 armor, lvl3 27 as/ms red, 8 arm, lvl4 30% as/ms red 10 arm

Chain Frost - agree soemthing needs to boost it a bit.  Either make the spell faster or make the units hit slowed by 100% similar to snipers mini stun passive.  The heroes

can gain speed back over a short time.

Freezing Field - I dont have a problem with moving the invulnerability to the same linkens that death ward has.  Increase cd by 5 seconds across the board.  Lvl one FF

doesnt need nerfed.  It's perfect.  Lvl two mana cost could be upped by 50.  Lvl 3 mana cost upped by 100.

Terrorblade's flame trail - perhaps up his ms my 5, making him the fastest agi hero.  Should compensate nicely.

Diffusal Blade - Yes to replacing charges with cd. Feedback changes: melee hero and images (same) 20/36.  Ranged hero 15/27  Ranged image 10/18

Dragon Blood - sure I agree.

Reactive Armor - does not need to be touched.  It's great.

Gravekeeper's Cloak -  This has to be the weakest of all armors.  I dont know what's broke about it but it just doesnt work very well.  Buff layers:  lvl1 2 armor 4% resistance

per layer.  lvl2 3 arm 7% per layer.  lvl3 4 arm 13%.  lvl4 5 arm 17% per layer.

Black Hole - take the cd to 150 and 120 with scepter.  Up the damage by 10/20/30 hp more per second

#3 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

about chance based abilities like Blur. be aware it always get rounded to closest 5%, so nitpicking any nonmultiply-to-5 number doesnt make sense.

lvl1 - 20%, lvl2 - 28%, lvl3 - 36%, lvl4 - 44% = 20 / 30 / 35 / 45

lol reactive armor is good enough as it is, and you suggest to buff it :o

no way to remove footprints 'cause they are part of the model

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#4 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

about chance based abilities like Blur. be aware it always get rounded to closest 5%, so nitpicking any nonmultiply-to-5 number doesnt make sense.
lvl1 - 20%, lvl2 - 28%, lvl3 - 36%, lvl4 - 44% = 20 / 30 / 35 / 45

I didn't know that so maybe set it to lvl1 - 30%, lvl2 - 35%, lvl3 - 40%, lvl4 - 45% ?

lol reactive armor is good enough as it is, and you suggest to buff it :o

Yea, to speed up armor/hp regen stacking, 2 per hit. You would still have the same amount of armor/hp regen in the end. But OK, leave it is as it is.

no way to remove footprints 'cause they are part of the model

Are there any similar models in war3 without footprints? If not than leave it.

And one more suggestion I forgot again :rolleyes:

MC + Wrath

What I find really unfair with this combo is that you can deal huge amount of damage without any risk and exposing your self to enemy. It doesn't require any skill, positioning or timing like other skills for which you can fail, you just press the button and hope for the best.

If you can code it I would like you to do the following:

Delay the animation/damage for 0.2 or 0.3 seconds. So when you press the button first you will hear the sound effect (thunder) and then after 0.3, for example, damage will occur.

Reason for this is to give enemy players short period of time to react and possibly save himself. By saving I mean cast repel, rage if you have it or activate BKB or EUL if you buy it.

IMO it's unfair to lose/win a game from someone who can sit at fountain and wipe out whole enemy team without any risk. So at least give me the chance to evade it, if I react fast enough.

#5 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

MC + Wrath topic ^

It goes against a princip of the game. The game is unfair, and winning is unfair. That's how dota is. It's harsch.

If you dislike the broken nature of massive drafting freedom (which is even more brutal than regular dota/lod), dont play it.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#6 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Mc wrath requires skill.  Many noobs take this and fail.  You gotta survive and farm for a while before mc wrath is useful.  

No to using thunder before the lightning stikes.  Light is faster than sound bro.  I think upping Hand of God will be a nice counter to mc zues and globals.  Make hand of God

stronger like I suggested in another thread to team heal when youre getting globaled like that.

#7 sm0ke

sm0ke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

MC + Wrath

What I find really unfair with this combo is that you can deal huge amount of damage without any risk and exposing your self to enemy. It doesn't require any skill, positioning or timing like other skills for which you can fail, you just press the button and hope for the best.

If you can code it I would like you to do the following:

Delay the animation/damage for 0.2 or 0.3 seconds. So when you press the button first you will hear the sound effect (thunder) and then after 0.3, for example, damage will occur.

Reason for this is to give enemy players short period of time to react and possibly save himself. By saving I mean cast repel, rage if you have it or activate BKB or EUL if you buy it.

IMO it's unfair to lose/win a game from someone who can sit at fountain and wipe out whole enemy team without any risk. So at least give me the chance to evade it, if I react fast enough.

This is not needed in LOD. You can buy Aga + Refresher and still there can be survivors. Why do you ask to nerf Wrath? This is just not needed, dude.

#8 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

Especially if they are tanky/ have magic resistance/ bt/res.  Ive seen mc wrath fail plenty.  Only thing I would say is lvl1 mc needs buffed slightly in both bo and reg mode.  and lvl 3 mc needs nerfed slightly in bo mode.

#9 sm0ke

sm0ke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:57 PM

Especially if they are tanky/ have magic resistance/ bt/res.  Ive seen mc wrath fail plenty.  Only thing I would say is lvl1 mc needs buffed slightly in both bo and reg mode.  and lvl 3 mc needs nerfed slightly in bo mode.

and lvl 3 mc needs nerfed slightly in NO bo mode. ??

#10 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

Stop it cricket.

You're splitting hairs without providing constructive and concrete details nor demands.

"Tweak this, up that, slightly of those".

If a meta is running strong, you find a counter meta instead of complaining on the forum.

And for gods sake, stop complaining about a broken game mode < WHICH IS SPECIFICLY CALLED - BALANCE OFF >.

Stop it cricket.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#11 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Whiteboard, people can comment on any mode they are playing.  No clue why you choose to get upset over this.  How many comments of yours have been deleted now because of flame?  Learn to show respect even while disagreeing.  If you look above I spent a lot of time on each of his ideas and posted what I thought of them.  Not sure why you show zero respect when experienced players are contributing their testimonies.  Quite frankly your poor attitude is getting annoying.

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:37 AM

Stop complaining on a broken game mode.

You want balance, go play balanced mode.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#13 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

Actually anyone can post their opinion on any mode that is available to play.  The only one who complains is you WB.  The only one who needs to stop it is you.  Everyone else is just offering their opinion.  Stop bashing forum members when you dont like their opinion or they are talking about a mode you dont play.  Stop your selfishness.  We all are experienced LoD players and love this game.  Learn respect.  Show respect.  You are like a kid at a dinner table whining cause someone is going to eat all your mashed potatoes.  Calm down WB there are enough mashed potatoes for everyone.  

#14 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

Respect is earned, not demanded.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#15 UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

One Linken can save your butt from that lighting ;]
If we talk here about nerf and buff.
I have only 1 skill currently in mind and now it is lancer's ultimate.... 1 hit = 5 images, great.

#16 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

I find Juxtapose to be fair, and severly underpowered.

It works like a nuke (compared to before. Having a constant army).
- Instead you unload a bunch of clones quickly on people for a brief period.

If you stall the clones, the army vanishes.

In my community (with s4 and -eb) Juxtapose is mostly neglected unless a powerful build synergizes with it.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#17 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Right WB it does need to be combined with a powerful build like desolate/feral impulse grow ect.  But when it does it's damn strong.  I havent had a match lately where it was op or underpowered.  Maybe cause glaives were nerfed a bit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users