Borrow Time stoppers

10 replies to this topic

#1 UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

As I know, if you silence the enemy and make him good amount of damage, the BT wont save his ass. In d1.stats.ru its a common spell that near 90% of the players get it. I'm not a fan of that skill, so I prefer other skills :)

Something that i saw:
Bloodrage - not stopping BT
Orchid - sometimes work, sometimes not
Global Silence - not stopping at all the BT
Hex - same
Last Word - same
Huge dmg - sometimes stopping
Huge crit - if you land enough high crit, the BT active but after death.

#2 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

Just a hint: AGHA + DOOM

but anyways i think borrowed time should be literally checked it sometimes has buggy cooldowns, they tend to reset and go off in random times.

#3 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

The cd on it needs to be raised by at least 5 seconds if not 10 just like reincarnate was raised.  BT is so powerful in LoD since damage is high and battles happen fast.  The gank factor is quick and usually lethal in LoD.  BT saves you from being ganked for the most part and allows time for your allies to counter gank.  If multiple players have BT/rein on same team that team has an advantage and everyone knows it.

#4 Guest_vHAPpY :D_*

Guest_vHAPpY :D_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

instant damage e.g laguna finger sometimes lucky ethereal too can stop it

#5 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

Well naturally... If not manually activated borrowed time activates from 1st instance of damage that you get after you have less than 400 hp.

So basically any damage that can deal enough damage to "1hit" you down to 0 from above this hp will do this trick so it has no chance to activate. Whether it is a nuke or simply huge amounts of fury swipes stacks... or simply tons of physical damage. It is the way it is supposed to work :D

Tons of time i hear people complaining how buggy it is not activating but they never understand that if it's higher damage than your current health over 400 hp before it has activated it is not supposed to activate..

I think borrowed time is good as it is. People just need to learn to counter it. It's not any moire unfair than any other ultimate. Just get rid of the cooldown bugs it has.

#6 Guest_vHAPpY :D_*

Guest_vHAPpY :D_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

yeah agreed

#7 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

"Supposed to".

I agree that people need to learn and accept how things function in the game (and life too while at it).

But as it stands and explained previously: Borrowed Time will activate on first damage instance below 400 hitpoints. If you deal 400 minimum it will bypass BT.
- And incidentally activate it as he has died. The script apparently ignores if hero is alive or dead.

It is also known since a few versions back now that the Automated activation is out of sync with the actual cooldown of BT.
- Meaning if you popped it earlier and have 20 seconds remaining, it has it's own timer that it follows. Thus activating "at random".

I've complained about this earlier to authors directly in live chat and during games and so far the issue has not been corrected.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#8 Hillomunkki

Hillomunkki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

But as it stands and explained previously: Borrowed Time will activate on first damage instance below 400 hitpoints. If you deal 400 minimum it will bypass BT.

- And incidentally activate it as he has died. The script apparently ignores if hero is alive or dead.

The WC3 Borrowed Time activates on damage taken while hero's hp is below 400, if you deal enough damage in a single instance while the hero with Borrowed Time is above 400 health he will die without the spell activating.

Dota 2's activates  on the damage instance that brings you below 400 health so it's kind of wonkier there.

#9 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

I said that, since I've seen BT activating for 0 effect while a hero has died.

I have no other explenation for this, if you do. Please provide it.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#10 Hillomunkki

Hillomunkki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

I just did?

#11 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Sigh, spinning in circles. Cant be bothered.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users