#1 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

If you moved blur to 15/25/35/45 it would still be picked the same amount and still be a very strong skill.  I think blur is op especially when you consider the hero is hard to see and can detect when invis/fog heroes are near.  It's an op skill.  Seen so many pushers take it with images or mega tanks/exo.  Insane trying to kill it before it drops racks.

#2 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

Hex fully disables it, secondary attacks and cleave/splash also bypass it entirely, and it doesn't work vs spells. It is quite fine, in my opinion. Maybe the scaling could be a bit worse, though, currently getting just 1 level means a huge survivability boost, maybe something like 10/20/30/50 or so.

#3 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

I strongly disagree.

Blur exceeds as a defensive pick and should remain as such.

In comparison to Drunken Brawler which offers a middle ground in offense and defense (with an additional garuanteed instance of each effect). Blur does not.

- It sacrifices offense for defense.

As mentioned by Shieldbreaker, it can be bypassed by other means.
- Multicast (which I assume is a common pick in your envoirment), nukes in general, cleave, Windwalk alternatives scores a garuanteed hit as well, Voodo/Hex, Doom, MonkeyKB and Guinso.

If it's a common pick and is successful. It translates into being Meta for your playerbase and you should develop a counter-meta.
- As in picking either recomendations frequently or that of your discretion as you see fit.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#4 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

Hex fully disables it, secondary attacks and cleave/splash also bypass it entirely, and it doesn't work vs spells. It is quite fine, in my opinion. Maybe the scaling could be a bit worse, though, currently getting just 1 level means a huge survivability boost, maybe something like 10/20/30/50 or so.

I believe thats exactly the intention.

Most nukes in general serves little purpose unless it's maxed. A common phenomenon is that you distribute your skills 4/1/1/1 by level 7.
- You make this decision when you have utility that you require/demand/desire for a single point, which you will max later by level 14.

Mirana is a great example of this case, maxing either Arrow or Starfall for the powerboost in damage, keeping Leap and Shadow Veil at level 1 while maxing the rest.
Thus granting you a huge benefit for a small investment. Same is applied for alot of heroes in Dota and drafted builds in LoD.
- Getting a primary and backup skill you know you can invest high and low in respectively.

With the exceptions of nukes (in general) things tends to scale with a higher base starting point (can be found in backtrack, drunkenbrawler and blur etc).

Power, utility, control.
Power / damage coming first, such as nukes or steroid skills. with usually control in second place (disables/stuns/snares/silence/slow) and utility(heals, haste, blink etc) third and last.

If everything simply scaled without having a base bonus, decisions would become less efficent and trivial honestly if an effect is only minor for the first point as you suggested.

I disagree to this change.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#5 5togo

5togo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Monkey King Bar

#6 K0.Flawl3sS

K0.Flawl3sS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

I think blur is op especially when you consider the hero is hard to see.  

Option 1: Eyeglasses / Eye Lenses - better visibility on hard to see and OP heroes. 

Option 2: Daily supplementation of Vitamins; A / beta carotene. C / bioflavonoids / antioxidants. E / zinc / selenium. Lutein and zeaxanthin. 

#7 Hillomunkki

Hillomunkki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

Or you could tick the "Always show health bars" option.

EDIT: Also you can delete a certain file from the map's MPQ to make hero icons visible even while hidden due to Smoke of Deceit / Blur.

#8 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

When compared to most skills blur is very strong.  I think about a skill such as blade dance.  How much gold would it cost to buy that skill?  2k?  How much gold would it cost to buy wind walk.  3k?  How much gold would it cost to get 50% evasion and the ability to know when enemies are nearby?  5k?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users