#1 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

100% magic resistance gets to be a little much dont you think?  If your team pick nukes and they have three heroes with bb it's gg them.

#2 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

100% magic resistance gets to be a little much dont you think?  If your team pick nukes and they have three heroes with bb it's gg them.

Already planned to nerf it a little bit

#3 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:38 PM

thank you resq.

#4 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

Just lost another game... Owned everyone with cool, non-multi caster, but a braindead 6 passives noob took bb for the attackspeed and was immune to me....

Remove the magic resistance and it is a fine passive, even a bit overpowered still.

#5 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

Just lost another game... Owned everyone with cool, non-multi caster, but a braindead 6 passives noob took bb for the attackspeed and was immune to me....

Remove the magic resistance and it is a fine passive, even a bit overpowered still.

Not going to remove the magic resistance but it will most likely be lowered so spells with magical damage source can deal at least a little bit more damage.

Until then, think of other strategies, there's tons of pure-damage spells you can draft to counter it.
Just as examples: Purification, Laser, Brain Sap, Meat Hook, Sun Strike, Sun Ray, Natural Order, Arcane Orb, Glaives of Wisdom, Vital Strike (Talon Queen); theres a few more I probably forgot.

It's not such a big problem as you make it seem if you draft against such builds.

#6 5togo

5togo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

How dare he pick skills that counter your caster build? Remove bb immediately from the map.

#7 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

I agree with 5togo completly.

It's dumb to whine about a counter.

Nukes dominates games in general paired with stuns. Usually, carries are demanded to get BKB for late game (in a serious envoirment, pub games excluded. Exceptions do happen though.)
Blood is a placeholder skill instead of that item with additional bonuses.

And that's essentially it. This is the otherside of the coin for topic of Stuns/Nukes.
- I used to complain about it alot previously.

Now that you have to face a common counter for it, it's suddenly a huge issue that needs to be managed.
When it's as simple as changing one nuke to a pure/physical nuke to finnish him off.

Stop whining really, this is what I mentioned before Cricket. The forum users are fed up with your whining on an unbalanced game mode.
Just push it a little harder and shit will hit the fan.

Long story short, check the post above for a summary.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#8 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

Nukes dominates games in general paired with stuns. Usually, carries are demanded to get BKB for late game (in a serious envoirment, pub games excluded. Exceptions do happen though.)

And that's essentially it. This is the otherside of the coin for topic of Stuns/Nukes.

Now that you have to face a common counter for it, it's suddenly a huge issue that needs to be managed.
When it's as simple as changing one nuke to a pure/physical nuke to finnish him off.

Stop whining really, this is what I mentioned before Cricket. The forum users are fed up with your whining on an unbalanced game mode.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

Too bad chakram makes you lose control for 5-10s of your hero, randomly, whirling death requires trees and shares a hotkey with unrefined fireblast and purification requires melee range. The other pure damage skills are indeed quite decent, but you need 3-4 of them to counter berserkers blood, unless you have multicast.

And yes, nukes need counters, and they exist - rage, bkb, barrowed time, locking down the nukers (chrono/stone gaze/any disable really) and many more. But not braindead blind counter that is also a super strong stereoid.

I do not want nukers to be op, or carries to be op or anything. But against everything else there are a lot of options. Barrowed time? Either save a big nuke if they rely on auto activation, or just stack disables. Reincarnation? Mana burns. Glass canon? A disable or two. Supreme pushers? Supreme teamfighting. And so on.

No skill should be a be-all super dps boost whilst removing an entire playstyle. And if people want to protect themselves vs nukers that badly, there is always AM passive, but guess what, no one takes it. Because they want superb glass cannon dps. So they should not get rewarded for stupid drafting.

#9 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

Something to consider is that in 6 spell modes with many more heroes to draft from, carry builds are WAY ahead of nuker builds. For me personally also because it's much easier to pick a few passives that are useful in itself than to pick 6 spells that you have to press, due to hotkey issues many rather pick carries than deal with overlapping hotkeys or bother with extra programs to solve those hotkey issues.

In 4 spell games, it's way more balanced between OP nukers and OP carries.

#10 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

Not going to remove the magic resistance but it will most likely be lowered so spells with magical damage source can deal at least a little bit more damage.

Until then, think of other strategies, there's tons of pure-damage spells you can draft to counter it.
Just as examples: Purification, Laser, Brain Sap, Meat Hook, Sun Strike, Sun Ray, Natural Order, Arcane Orb, Glaives of Wisdom, Vital Strike (Talon Queen); theres a few more I probably forgot.

It's not such a big problem as you make it seem if you draft against such builds.

Yep ResQ I agree.  Having a skill that ups to 100% magic resistance is already awesome.  To add attack speed that is just like overpower is well, overpowered.  Thanks for nerfing it.  It will still be an awesome skill Im sure.

Whiteboard I've asked you repeatedly to show some respect towards other people's opinions.  You dont have to agree with them of course but please just state why you agree or disagree.  Putting people down is not what you do as an adult.

#11 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

As of why. You keep suggesting balance tweaks for an unbalanced mode.

It's a certain thing that the meta will stagnate in pub games. I've seen this before countless times. You need to move on for a new experience.
- Such as a new community and game mode that I recomended previously.

But you have made your choice. To keep playing that as you have before.

This is signs of stubbornness and refusal to accept new information that is needed assimilate into you. So you can grow as a human being. And as a player.

Respect is earned, not demanded.

As it is now, im not the only one who racks down on you for your forum spam about how the unbalanced mode needs to be balanced.
 - This is a reflection of your actions. You dont tell a mirror to fuck off, you change yourself to what you want to see.

Yet you let people who mocks you with sarcasm slip by your tantrums. They are soley directed at me.

I will not commend and appreciate stupidity. I favour the opposite.

Things would be better off if you simply accepted things for what they are.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

Too bad chakram makes you lose control for 5-10s of your hero, randomly, whirling death requires trees and shares a hotkey with unrefined fireblast and purification requires melee range. The other pure damage skills are indeed quite decent, but you need 3-4 of them to counter berserkers blood, unless you have multicast.

And yes, nukes need counters, and they exist - rage, bkb, barrowed time, locking down the nukers (chrono/stone gaze/any disable really) and many more. But not braindead blind counter that is also a super strong stereoid.

I do not want nukers to be op, or carries to be op or anything. But against everything else there are a lot of options. Barrowed time? Either save a big nuke if they rely on auto activation, or just stack disables. Reincarnation? Mana burns. Glass canon? A disable or two. Supreme pushers? Supreme teamfighting. And so on.

No skill should be a be-all super dps boost whilst removing an entire playstyle. And if people want to protect themselves vs nukers that badly, there is always AM passive, but guess what, no one takes it. Because they want superb glass cannon dps. So they should not get rewarded for stupid drafting.

Chakram has a bug with it which can be "counter-measured" by pressing "Stop" once after retracting the blade. At that point you can resume ordering your hero commands.
- I reported this ages ago. And draco "fixed" the additonal chakram (which wasn't broken in the first place) gained with aghanims instead of the main chakram.

You dont need a fullset of pure damage. Theres actually an exploit you can use to counter blood. If you unload all nukes at once, the resistance wont update fast enough -> letting you bypass it. Have one or two Pure nukes as a finnisher: Laguna blade, Counter Helix (physical) or Culling Blade.

Regarding magic shield, posted a "buff plz" topic with that skill in it. It is indeed underpicked. And that was the thing with nuke/stuns I complained about earlier. Blood is better than Shield. Hence people ignore Shield entirely. Same thing as with Stun spells. Other disables got ignored entirely.

And in worst case, if you really want to tweak the unbalanced mode. Limit the amount of passives allowed to be picked. Please dont nerf things, rather buff other things if you can. Preferably, a player shouldn't be limited what to do or punished for using beneficial skills / being successful. It's lod after all.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#13 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

Something to consider is that in 6 spell modes with many more heroes to draft from, carry builds are WAY ahead of nuker builds. For me personally also because it's much easier to pick a few passives that are useful in itself than to pick 6 spells that you have to press, due to hotkey issues many rather pick carries than deal with overlapping hotkeys or bother with extra programs to solve those hotkey issues.

In 4 spell games, it's way more balanced between OP nukers and OP carries.

Yea, but thats what you get for going for the unbalanced game mode.

Pub games gonna be pub games. You balance after the top tiers, not how pubbers play.

- Catering the casuals / low skilled / for-fun-play people vs Factual potential realized and exploited to the max.

This is a simple side effect of that top tier balancing.

Word from Hillo has it that Icefrog deliberatily releases new content OP.
- As to show what potential it has before putting the more reasonable numbers on it.

So in short, this whole thread is mainly focused on QQ.

He needs to step his game up and stop whining (as Sevv replied:) on pseudo problems.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#14 Entrails

Entrails

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

well TC's passive removes enemy's magic resistance.... 

#15 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

well TC's passive removes enemy's magic resistance.... 

It amplifies magic damage by like 1,4 or 1,44 or so. Not sure on the exact number. I once dumped 3 skywrath ultimates (agha level 3, 0s cd) on an enemy with bb. I had natural order, had cast decreptify on him and ancient seal too. Maybe 1 more amplification skill, not sure. He lived despite only having like 1500hp total.

The only thing that any caster can use that can work well vs bb is blademail. And it is very hit or miss.

#16 sewww

sewww

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

It amplifies magic damage by like 1,4 or 1,44 or so. Not sure on the exact number. I once dumped 3 skywrath ultimates (agha level 3, 0s cd) on an enemy with bb. I had natural order, had cast decreptify on him and ancient seal too. Maybe 1 more amplification skill, not sure. He lived despite only having like 1500hp total.

The only thing that any caster can use that can work well vs bb is blademail. And it is very hit or miss 

T,C passive does not amplify magic dmg and  does not remove magic resistans from items / skills , it removes only the base 25% magic resist from the hero ,  , Decreptify amplify dmg and  other amplification skills are useles vs BB , the solution is Pure dmg / Direct HP removal dmg / Physical dmg

#17 5togo

5togo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

Also, you are not supposed to take on a farmed carry with a caster anyway. Disable him and let the carry deal with him. Just like in dota.

#18 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Deleted all the personal hate, please keep the off-topic stuff out of suggestions / bug reports

#19 Hillomunkki

Hillomunkki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

T,C passive does not amplify magic dmg and  does not remove magic resistans from items / skills , it removes only the base 25% magic resist from the hero ,  , Decreptify amplify dmg and  other amplification skills are useles vs BB , the solution is Pure dmg / Direct HP removal dmg / Physical dmg

Incorrect, Tauren Chieftain's passive amplifies magic damage by 33%.

Let's say you were hit by a level 4 Lucent Beam that deals 300 damage. Due to the inherent 25% magic resistance on heroes it gets reduced to 225 damage. Natural Order then amplifies that damage by 33% bringing it back to 300 (well 299.25 to be precise)

EDIT: Just wait for Silver Edge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users