20 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeSpecial

PancakeSpecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

No thread for v1e yet?

Hard frame rate drops after 10-15min of play (happens often)

I've seen two instant crashes when I say -ready (twice on OHS bot, once in private LAN game with no other players).

Also, the game name if you click LAN->Create Game still shows as v1d.

#2 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

Heard also a lot of complains about FPS drops. Though i myself didnt try it. But what i notice on custom games map name is v1d ->minor issue. And game almost everytime crashes after typing -ready -> Major issue This happens even in game chat after hero picking.

But what i do also noticed and thought was strange is that whenever i move my hero, click friendly shop tavern. Anything i get a fogclick detection on player 16. I'm not sure if it should be this way or is a some sort of bug but could this be a reason for overly used cpu load? I know 3rd pary tolls should not be supported but i found this very weird since it never occur on older maps.

fogs.jpg

#3 PancakeSpecial

PancakeSpecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Just for range finding:

I've seen a 27min game with no fps issue (but 1 leaver)

I've seen fps drops happen at late (20+min) and early (~10min)

Too many different skills/heroes in use to isolate it further yet. Could the number of players be a factor?

#4 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

that's the new ah-system designed to help to see hackers.

it supported on Ohsystem.net. RGC refused to support that as they rely on their own antihack.

this dll hack you use doesnt really shows real fog click as you can see - it shows false-positive as well. i can only recommend to stop using that file and rely on map protection itself.

regarding fps drop - its hardly related to that system.

version letter error - yup, missed that. and -ready fatals too :S 

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#5 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Just for range finding:

I've seen a 27min game with no fps issue (but 1 leaver)

I've seen fps drops happen at late (20+min) and early (~10min)

Too many different skills/heroes in use to isolate it further yet. Could the number of players be a factor?

barely. could you provide replays?

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#6 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yeah i'm very aware of the false positives and all thats why i had to ask  since this kind of thing never happen before on older maps. Thanks for answering it just seemed omnious.

Here are replays for pancake's games:

http://stats.ohsystem.net/?game=183601

http://stats.ohsyste.../OHS_183601.w3g

On the game log it seems the lagging starts about 14:50 replay time

http://stats.ohsystem.net/?game=183565

http://stats.ohsyste.../OHS_183565.w3g

and here 18:50 replay time

#7 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Here are also another ones i come up with on our statspage:

http://stats.ohsystem.net/?game=183605

http://stats.ohsyste.../OHS_183605.w3g

http://stats.ohsystem.net/?game=183573

http://stats.ohsyste.../OHS_183573.w3g

I hope this helps in some way to identify the problem. I can't say for sure since in previous versions also when people whined about lag i myself never experienced any issues. So it's hard to determine the reason for it since not every player get it...

#8 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

right now it seems to be overloading with over-522-ms-skills. first 2 games filled by Thirst from both sides, next - chrono/wolf and thirst again.

if someone could make a game with and without those skills to compare - i'll appreciate that

#9 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

On skill picking phase if you pick skills form hero for eg. frost arrows from traxex and go pick other skill from other hero. Like essence shift from slark. Then you go back to traxex and try to erase this skill from your draft, you cannot do this by pressing the - button above the skill. You have to use -reset or - r123456 to do it. It works just fine if you dont ever leave the hero from tavern, but if you leave and come back to erase it, you cannot do it the conventional way.

#10 PancakeSpecial

PancakeSpecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

On skill picking phase if you pick skills form hero for eg. frost arrows from traxex and go pick other skill from other hero. Like essence shift from slark. Then you go back to traxex and try to erase this skill from your draft, you cannot do this by pressing the - button above the skill. You have to use -reset or - r123456 to do it. It works just fine if you dont ever leave the hero from tavern, but if you leave and come back to erase it, you cannot do it the conventional way.

I've seen this as well with Epicenter. It happened also in v1d, just not as commonly.

#11 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

right now it seems to be overloading with over-522-ms-skills. first 2 games filled by Thirst from both sides, next - chrono/wolf and thirst again.

if someone could make a game with and without those skills to compare - i'll appreciate that

Im assuming you are talking about 5vs5 hosted game not custom game with dummies?

However custom game i expereienced nothing except while morphing to lycan it sometimes drop a little but nothing critical. Thirst movement speed without morphs is capped to 560 and with morphs it go over that. And in chrono i had 1000. No problems. Highest drops i can get is just simply use aghanim and macropyre. And that goes about 40fps. Iam not sure how to reproduce these events.

#12 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

strange, i can't see any limit on Thirst regardless morph abilities on. full BS + 2 dummies given to 8 &9 players = 840 ms, no problem

according to replays there are going CPU overheat on single core (cause wc3). big bad PC with 4+ cores easily could live through it i believe 

#13 PancakeSpecial

PancakeSpecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

If someone can suggest ways to simulate I can give it a try in a non-hosted game. My hardware is quite vintage and should show fps issues easily.

#14 resqbiggestfan

resqbiggestfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

When i play wc3 (LoD)just one core is active btw. It uses like 3% of that one core in previos versions and about 400 megs of memory so toster should handle this. Now u do dis :D 60% cpu usage. 0.1 fps. Now i know my rig is old but still its amd phenom 9550 black quadcore and i got 4 gigs ram ddr2 on radeon 6670 1g ddr5. On this i play dota2 and wc3 sometims nfs and DoW. So i dont need better all this games are working fine exept sadly my fav LoD. Mb im doin smt wrong or i need new drivers for cpu but im pretty sure wc3 cant use all cores

#15 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

When i play wc3 (LoD)just one core is active btw. It uses like 3% of that one core in previos versions and about 400 megs of memory so toster should handle this. Now u do dis :D 60% cpu usage. 0.1 fps. Now i know my rig is old but still its amd phenom 9550 black quadcore and i got 4 gigs ram ddr2 on radeon 6670 1g ddr5. On this i play dota2 and wc3 sometims nfs and DoW. So i dont need better all this games are working fine exept sadly my fav LoD. Mb im doin smt wrong or i need new drivers for cpu but im pretty sure wc3 cant use all cores

thats obviously bad looping somewhere and not wc3's monstrous behaviour :<

#16 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

strange, i can't see any limit on Thirst regardless morph abilities on. full BS + 2 dummies given to 8 &9 players = 840 ms, no problem

according to replays there are going CPU overheat on single core (cause wc3). big bad PC with 4+ cores easily could live through it i believe 

Thats weird. everytime i try it stays on 560 but now im thinking i tested it wrong? Thirst dont apply to only 1 hero per player now? Older versions i could just start a game without any player than me (test mode) and type -dummy and get some to low hp and thirst applied to them just fine and i get insanely fast. Now i put 3 centaurs to low hp  about 10-20% and none of them are visible and i dont get buff i think only first hero to go under 30% give buff. So enlighten me am i doing this wrong nowadays?

#17 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

newest thrist recoded from scratch supporting one hero per player. you could set unit's owner via selecting him and using "-o #" chatting. also "-hp XX" setup unit's current hp.

#18 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Alright then this explains a lot :) Thanks for fast answer.

Edit: Ok thirst seems to work just fine. Although morphing to lycan ulti fps drops momentarily to 40 from 60 which is about the same as macropyre with aghanims. Maybe it's an issues on older computers

#19 resqbiggestfan

resqbiggestfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

It hapened 3 times in row ! Best lod map frames vise for me was DotA v6.82 LoD v6b Beta 3.w3x no wierd fps drops and no freezes. Frames were stable at 64 even in big fights mid-late game all settings maxed etc. Now i like new changes but that fps drop is killjoy.

#20 letruck

letruck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

ohs1 = sds6fnulboabd3
ohs2 = ardms6fnulboab
ohs3 = aps6fnulboabssosls
ohs4 = sdd5s6ulabbofnfrer
ohs5 = mds6d2omfnulbo
ohs6 = ardms6boomfnul
ohs7 = mds6d3scfnulbonm

why not work with all mods on the bot? for example ohs4 .
write pojaluista all mods for this map and then the pieces need to collect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users