8 replies to this topic

#1 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

So as of 6.81 there are whole lot of game changes. I'll put the biggest game changers here for starters.

-Feral Swipes and Burning Spears are no longer attack modifiers.

-Chain Frost with agha has no longer bounce limit.

-Panda's critical works more similar to jinada but also as normal passive crit.

-Agha Laguna go through magic immune

These are just a few of the big changes off the map and as the game is turned (inside out) I've played lot of Dota2 and ability draft lately so i know. The game can be made way more fun also if the rearm combos would be enabled once again (Rearm+ Chrono,Reinc,Rocs,Tombstone etc...) I'm thinking if these combos could be enabled once more the game would be whole lot funnier instead of playing just the endless 1hit aftershit game. Yes i know there are other modes than the one i play that are more balanced than the one i play which is (-sds6fnulboabd3) but i think a lot of people will agree on this, ranged swipes for instance on 6.81 is  VERY GOOD start but these changes also would make it more fun.

I have also other changes in mind (Similar to Dota 2) but i think they can be too hard to do but i don't know. (Searing arrows etc ranged skills made pickable by melee heroes resulting on melee attack with range like 600) Alchi ulti  Dirge ulti only giving buff and not model change so hero model stays the same but only buff comes= Hero models keep base dmg base ms etc.. Only buff stays. And ofcourse Aghanims grow on ranged hero, why shouldn't it cleave/splash like on melee. And for last i need to mention a skill which needs reworking which is sticky napalm and the problem is the dmg per instance. Sticky napalm doesn't work well with all skills. Some of which it works nice is incinerate and life drain but it needs reworking to work properly with all skills. (Liquid fire, ion shell flaming guard, lucifers fireground skill) The problem is on some skills it doesnt give dmg/instance but only on start of skills. SO the rest of the duration is wasted. And for multicasted incinerate it just disables again so there is a lot of problems.

So my suggestion is if for the next Stable map these changes could be implemented or atleast some of them (REARM COMBOS) others don't matter so much but are just giving the idea what could be done or just upload two (2) different maps where only on other map these changes are made, hence people could try and find if it makes it better or not. But i Most certainly think it will.

Ech0

#2 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

(Searing arrows etc ranged skills made pickable by melee heroes resulting on melee attack with range like 600)

Imagine the attack animation, would be just bullshit. Rather just make the normal attack just with the attack modifier effect.

-

The game can be made way more fun also if the rearm combos would be enabled once again (Rearm+ Chrono,Reinc,Rocs,Tombstone etc...)

Rearm + Reinc = invulnerable, use your brain please. Rearm + RoC = end the game when you are lvl 8. Chrono and tombstone are ok I guess.

-

I'm thinking if these combos could be enabled once more the game would be whole lot funnier instead of playing just the endless 1hit aftershit game.

You're playing balance off mode, deal with it, or don't play it.

-

ranged swipes for instance on 6.81 is  VERY GOOD.

They're thinking of a way to nerf it, be patient.

-

And ofcourse Aghanims grow on ranged hero, why shouldn't it cleave/splash like on melee.

I guess it would be fun, but just in balance off mode, because on extended balance mode, ranged hero grow is already nerfed.

-

Sticky napalm doesn't work well with all skills. Some of which it works nice is incinerate and life drain but it needs reworking to work properly with all skills. (Liquid fire, ion shell flaming guard, lucifers fireground skill)

Imagine these combinations. Lucifer's Scorched Earth is ok I guess, but other skills have like 0.1s damage interval, the sticky napalm would do SHITLOADS of damage, pick rot, flame guard, ion shell, sticky napalm, and go kill tankers in 10seconds. And you still have 2 ultimates left.

-

Regards, Meatmuffin.

*Tips fedora*

#3 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Rearm + Reinc = invulnerable, use your brain please. Rearm + RoC = end the game when you are lvl 8. Chrono and tombstone are ok I guess.

Any player who has played 6.74 LoD know Rearm+Reinc isn't anywhere compared to invulnerable it is frankly easy to counter yet funniest to play for example with techies suicide. For countering this combo i mention some ways. 1st have stuns and disables like you should have in every game. Kill the target once, once respawned stun him so he can't use rearm to make more effective build silence (orchid)/quinso or have manaburn either skills (essence manaburn) or Diffusal blade.  SO maybe YOU should also use your brains and not get offensive the second someone suggests something.

Rearm + Roc: Now here i agree more with you, but only in a way that your statement applies to high skilled players. In new/average players hands rearm + rocs ain't so much of a challenge. I ain't gonna even talk about this combo hence i've discussed about it many times with various players and the results are always the same High class player= RoCs are almost unbeatable, Average player=Can be won, depends on rest of the team mostly.

ranged swipes for instance on 6.81 is  VERY GOOD.

They're thinking of a way to nerf it, be patient.

Now this makes no sense. Ranged swipes were basically the best thing on 6.74. It just gave the game some edge if you know what i mean. For e.g instead of picking a melee carry like magina and get some farm until you can even do anything. You could own early games with INT heroes like Alleria. Just pick overpower swipes furion teleport and a stun. Then just go lane to lane and own with it. Yes this can be done with other combos also but the point is the game has LESS option to choose from and the best in LoD is that you can CHOOSE your own build.

And ofcourse Aghanims grow on ranged hero, why shouldn't it cleave/splash like on melee.

I guess it would be fun, but just in balance off mode, because on extended balance mode, ranged hero grow is already nerfed.

Yes ofcourse. In this topic I'am only suggesting these changes for -bo the unbalanced version of LoD.  And for ranged grow agha It is fun as i said before i've been playing Dota2's ability draft lately so i know. And to think about the fact that tidebringer was made to work on ranged so why not grow AoE. Would make it more interesting and give the player more CHOOSING wheter to go ranged or melee as it iwouldn't be melee only upgrade.

Sticky napalm doesn't work well with all skills. Some of which it works nice is incinerate and life drain but it needs reworking to work properly with all skills. (Liquid fire, ion shell flaming guard, lucifers fireground skill)

Imagine these combinations. Lucifer's Scorched Earth is ok I guess, but other skills have like 0.1s damage interval, the sticky napalm would do SHITLOADS of damage, pick rot, flame guard, ion shell, sticky napalm, and go kill tankers in 10seconds. And you still have 2 ultimates left.

Well yes the skill itself would make other skills with low interval do lots of dmg through napalm. But the fact is that it doesn't work with some skills yet it does work on others for e.g Incinerate + life drain works perfectly or Alchemist with Focus fire= Very high AS=Lots of dmg through napalm. But then again it don't work with liquid fire or lucifers burning ground skill... This is what is bothering me not the fact that it would be "insane" as you'd say. So go kill tanker in 10 seconds with napalm good luck with that or you just let people cast 10 stacks of napalm on you while doing nothing...  As you said before use Brains please.

(Searing arrows etc ranged skills made pickable by melee heroes resulting on melee attack with range like 600)

Imagine the attack animation, would be just bullshit. Rather just make the normal attack just with the attack modifier effect.

Now it isn't so much of bshit when you've completely seen it. Don't know how would it be on WC3 but as in Dota 2 it isn't so weird. I'm not sure if you think the melee swing would set an arrow in the air? This is not what i was saying But instead of projectile the hit would be direct hit with range and only having the effect like in searing arrows lvl4 60+dmg. But anyhow this suggestion was just to show possibilities where to go if someone wants to develop the game. The main Article was mostly about the rearm combos+ The buggy sticky napalm.

In my opinion 6.74 was maybe the Longest time hosted LoD map and these rearm combos were enabled in it and I and many other think that they belong to the game. Lots of fight  about one combo (Rearm Roc) but anyhow the subject has just changed to 1hit and aftershock. So basically the removing of these combos just made people pick more 1hittish combos or permastunners instead of trying smt different cause these combos could truly affect the game in ways that aren't possible anymore. Thanks for utility hero the old last word is atleast added. One step for better LoDing of that you mapmakers have my gratitude.

And also for MEATMUFFIN specially:

You're playing balance off mode, deal with it, or don't play it.

If I wanted balance I would be playing normal Dota right? So instead of this kind of attitude why not try to make the game more fun and have more options to choose from and NOT JUST DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T PLAY IT...

I can say i Love the unbalanced -sds6fnulboabd3 mode what i mostly play, the game isn't meant to be balanced which makes it fun. But the game isn't itself with this part missing from it.

Ech0

#4 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Making a quick response.

If I wanted balance I would be playing normal Dota right? So instead of this kind of attitude why not try to make the game more fun and have more options to choose from and NOT JUST DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T PLAY IT...

That's why there is -sdzm3lseb, the mode that most of the skilled players play, your mode (-sds6fnulboabd3) makes 1hit combos, 2 ultimates and other shit op. Too clusterfucky. -sdzm3lseb enables more balance and you get only 11heroes per draft, you are not able to pick the same build 5times in a row. You have to be more original.

*Tips fedora*

#5 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Well I think i get your point for this mode question, but the thing is: I'm not looking for balanced mode nor am I looking for high skilled games where people have to think their heads through if it'll work. No the thing is me and my friends play this certain mode, and we play it mostly for fun and not in competetive way. Challenging games are organized every now and then and we actually make some rules before skill picks to erase certain combos so the game can be more suitable for actual challenge.

But not everygame the lobby is filled of "inhouse" people and this is why this change is needed. These changes make the game more fun and the fun in LoD is to choose, people could open their eyes and see like hey this is also good stuff maybe i'll do that next time i see it. People tend to ape other people so it would make a difference what I have already witnessed on LoD with certain combos and will tend to do so.

For those who are conserned about these combos and maybe don't like them, why can't this sort of change be made under a game mode? (-fh=fun heroes -ma mass aghanims) and then have other people who want to use them they can. For e.g -rc= Rearm Combos?

Lead by Example

Ech0

#6 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Now I made a topic to our coummunity's website about rearm combos where people can also join the conversation whether or not  they should be enabled.

Link: https://community.sl...ions/#entry3262

So there's a whole lot of opinions from different kind of people and i hope the mapmakers atleast review this situation.

Ech0

#7 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

A reply from mapmakers would be appreciated, not just only for me but people on our coummunity also.

https://community.sl...ions/#entry3262

#8 Ech0

Ech0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Ok I'm bumping up an old topic of mine, Some of it is now irrelevant but what i would mostly ask is if the rearm combos would be enabled to the balance off mode? I'm meaning combos like rearm chrono reincarnation tombstone+mc and rocs for example. And also when you guys made the utility hero im also suggesting there could be more old dota skills implemented and to begin with maybe centaurs and traxex old ultimates (passive 45agi or str)

#9 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

And also when you guys made the utility hero im also suggesting there could be more old dota skills implemented and to begin with maybe centaurs and traxex old ultimates (passive 45agi or str)

I already opened a topic about that, search through the forums

*Tips fedora*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users