Tactics involving huge attack range

19 replies to this topic

#1 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Any high ranged heroes combining with take aim, psi blades or impetus with aghanims will result in a very high range, around 800-900, which even exceeds most heroes' sight range in night. This will allow you to participate in teamfights while being a screen away from them, or even being visible. This combo works very good with steroid spells, or high damage orbs, like overpower, bashes, arcane orb, glaives of wisdom, impetus, etc. But remember, that if you dont have some kind of escape mechanism in LoD, you will live a short life, since people usually stack stuns, so you need to pick an invisibility spell, or a blink, or even a long ranged stun or heavy slow will do it.

Of course there are a lot of possiblities, i will list 2 which i used, and worked.

Essence aura (so i dont run out of mana)

Arcane orb (steroid spell, note that you need to autocast the orb to actually match your range, else it will attack with OD's defualt attack range, 470)

Take aim (obviously)

False promise (excellent spell for surviving)

on Oracle. I rushed orchid here, because the only thing that kept me not instakilling everyone was attack speed.

Wind Walk of Clinkz (excellent spell for surviving, or searching for ganks)

Stifling Dagger (it was a poor choice, the idea behind it was to slow down enemies, so they cant run away from me while i am attacking them, but my team had multiple stuns, and the damage of the dagger is negligible, so it was useless in the game eventually)

Overpower (steroid spell)

Impetus (another steroid spell)

on Skywrath. I rushed straight to aghanims, to increase my range obviously.

In s6, you can make insane combos, like Psi blades AND Take aim, AND impetus, and still be able to pick other steroid spells and escape mechanisms.

resq lodo is best lodo, cast SoF, instant die lodo.

#2 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

You are correct on your points. Im hosting only s6 modes. 

Also a good build for s6 is for example:

1. overpower
  2. take aim (arctic)
  3. enchat totem
  4. jinda
  5. track
  6. grow

It does look weired, but it is an awesome build. A hero should be something with a huge range and a slow animation (like sky or techie or kröB)

The idea is, that jinda/totem will not be removed as long as the first hit didnt hit the enemy.

This does mean, with a good build you can hit multiply high dmg crits on a single target.

Always when i saw this build it killed all enemys at the late, no matter if it was a tank. A well farmed guy could easily get more than 1k crit, and on 4x <1k crit, it does definitly kill all heros.

Since dispersion got nerfed, it is now even more powerful :P

The idea of the first spell isnt bad, but you should mention that you need to set arcane orb on autocast, else it will trigger on single cast with a range of 470, default on OD.

Instead on take aim, you can also pick overpower which does make the huge damage even more powerful.

Regards

#3 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

You are correct on your points. Im hosting only s6 modes. 

Also a good build for s6 is for example:

1. overpower
  2. take aim (arctic)
  3. enchat totem
  4. jinda
  5. track
  6. grow

It does look weired, but it is an awesome build. A hero should be something with a huge range and a slow animation (like sky or techie or krö B)

The idea is, that jinda/totem will not be removed as long as the first hit didnt hit the enemy.

This does mean, with a good build you can hit multiply high dmg crits on a single target.

Always when i saw this build it killed all enemys at the late, no matter if it was a tank. A well farmed guy could easily get more than 1k crit, and on 4x <1k crit, it does definitly kill all heros.

Since dispersion got nerfed, it is now even more powerful :P

The idea of the first spell isnt bad, but you should mention that you need to set arcane orb on autocast, else it will trigger on single cast with a range of 470, default on OD.

Instead on take aim, you can also pick overpower which does make the huge damage even more powerful.

Regards

right on the autocast arcane orb, i forgot to mention that, fixed, thanks.

so basically what are you saying, is that you attack someone from huge range with jinada and enchant totem on yourself, you shoot like 3 projectiles until the first one hits, the first one removes the enchant totem and jinada buff from you, but the remaining 2 projectiles flying towards your target will still damage with jinada + enchant totem buffs?

isnt that a bug?

#4 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

1. Take Aim

2. Psi Blades

3. Overpower

4. Impetus

5. Arctic Burn

6. Track

1400range with insane attack speed ggwp

*Tips fedora*

#5 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

exactly thats it.

Well i didnt saw this for a long time, so im not sure if this is already changed :P

IMO it isnt a bug, its not that easy on d3, to get this combo :P

And im anyway not that for balancing games, it is a good point to remove the hardcore bugs (like previus huge bugs, perm wr ulti, perminvis) but we never banned sleight bug, ream roc or similair things.

IMO a map lives with the bugs, to find bugs makes the map even more intersted, like today on v2r i just knew it is possible to transform into a huge stone, and just did it for fun. 
My teammates didnt know that, and actually i didnt know that i couldnt attack then :D but it was funny to see reactions on that ^^

Furtheremore we hosting bo, we even want bugs :>

#6 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

well in rgc there is draft 10 extended balance limit skills 6 so its hard, needs more skilled players.

*Tips fedora*

#7 MYSTATSOWNFILIP

MYSTATSOWNFILIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Another fun combo with huge attack range is picking it with greater bash and a high as and track. Just track start shooting and watch them fly away

#8 Djargoo

Djargoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

High attack range sucks in pub unless you have 1-2 players with you that you know and that will look for enemy.

You really depend on your allys to explore areas / show you enemys. In case you try to do stuff solo in enemy area you are pretty much fucked.

Thats why this shit is a total no-go in my eyes since its russian roulette.

fuk u

#9 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

piccking in s6 as second ulti ns ulti without ns passive, 1st spell track and farm agha like a boss  B)

You will get accused for maphack  :ph34r:

#10 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

High attack range sucks in pub unless you have 1-2 players with you that you know and that will look for enemy.

You really depend on your allys to explore areas / show you enemys. In case you try to do stuff solo in enemy area you are pretty much fucked.

Thats why this shit is a total no-go in my eyes since its russian roulette.

eh... wards?

also its very good in teamfight, since you will always stay out of trouble, and can kill an enemy without bkb in 2-3 seconds.

#11 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Furtheremore arctic will give you a huge overview around you.

That also help alot, and you will be also claimed as maphacker XD

#12 MYSTATSOWNFILIP

MYSTATSOWNFILIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

or just have som1 shoot zeus/prophet ult

#13 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

or just have som1 shoot zeus/prophet ult

prophet ult doesnt give vision

#14 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

XD i was laughing at that the whole time. Nathan you are a noob.

#15 MYSTATSOWNFILIP

MYSTATSOWNFILIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

it does with my maphack

#16 Djargoo

Djargoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Does it work on mh? wth?

My comment was related to pubs. I got lots of experience with long range pub gaming and its very frustrating because you cant do much alone. And dont bring the ward argument, it was related to pub! ^^

fuk u

#17 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Does it work on mh? wth?

My comment was related to pubs. I got lots of experience with long range pub gaming and its very frustrating because you cant do much alone. And dont bring the ward argument, it was related to pub! ^^

djargoo. pls.

wards cost 150 gold. thats 2 wards for 6 minutes. you get 150 gold from 3-4 creep kills. djargoo pls.

#18 Djargoo

Djargoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Its not a question of gold, its a question of honor. Its a pub!!

fuk u

#19 sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Its not a question of gold, its a question of honor. Its a pub!!

oh im sorry

i like winning, i must be a god damned tryhard

#20 MYSTATSOWNFILIP

MYSTATSOWNFILIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

hahahahahah same here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users