Skill Builds

17 replies to this topic

#1 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

Hi! I'm a new member, so I wanted to open this topic up so I can get suggestions from you guys. I'll be posting skill builds that I used in playing LoD. I don't claim to made or invented them, I just got inspired.

#2 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:54 AM

I think they're not too OP but they are still fun for me to play. Also take note, I'm using the -s6 mode because that's what we usually play. I'm starting with a common build, Ultimate Range.

Ultimate Range

• Winter Wyvern 1st Skill/Blink
  • Take Aim
  • Psi Blades
  • Overpower
  • Impetus
  • Track / Your 2nd Ultimate may vary

• This is a simple but effective build. Simply auto cast Impetus and Track the enemy, then whittle them down while using Overpower. Activate the Winter Wyvern skill before doing all of those. Blink can also be a good substitute if you want to play defensively or if you fear of them closing the gap on you. The 2nd Ultimate can vary depending on what play style you want to do.
  • Watch out for Blade Mails, you'll get killed too! Use Ghost Sceptre to counter it (Untested) or to be secure, Eul's Sceptre.
  • Keep your range, not doing so will hamper your total DPS, plus leave you vulnerable so pick up an escape item like Blink Dagger or Silver Edge!
  • Preferably build Hurricane Pike + Aghanims' Sceptre as Core Items.
  • Ghost Sceptres/Decrepify/Ethereal Blade can dodge the damage, so bait it out with a single Impetus and bring out the pain after they used it.
  • Vision is an important element for this to be successful; either you or your teammates plant some in the enemy territory!
  • A defensive skill like Blink or Shadow Dance is a good pickup, it lets you get out of sticky situations.

I'll post a replay of a game I had with this IF I can find one. Thanks!

#3 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

I also tried using the Hurricane Pike + Track + Teleport + Impetus combo and it worked but it's probably hard to do. I tried with a friend the one with Chen's skill but something was preventing it from happening. I haven't tried other teleport skills... if you guys have anything to comment, criticize or suggest, I'll gladly take it.

#4 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRussia, Nizhniy Novgorod

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

Impetus have limit of "range in damage", so focus with chen will not work

#5 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:05 AM

The limit, as I've checked is about +625 (please correct me if I'm wrong) in damage per Impetus shot (not sure if level of the skill somehow affects the max value but this is the maximum with level 3 Impetus + Aghanim's Scepter), so doing this combo is actually not a one-shot and if you somehow managed to get the 4 Impetus shots from the base, it would amount to about +2500(?). But I'm just wondering why it doesn't work, doing the combo would be easier if Chen's skill works or did you guys did something to it? But, I'm happy that someone paid attention to my first post!  :)

Also, can I ask why does Nightmare + Duel (Aghanim's Scepter) doesn't work? It's supposed to silence you yet both the user and targeted hero can still cast.

Thanks Vordik for commenting!

#6 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:10 AM

My Next Build:

Eclipse + Eyes of the Forest / Chronosphere

• Teleport
  • _
  • _
  • _
  • Eclipse
  • Overgrowth/Chronosphere

• This is a build involving setting up with either Overgrowth or Chronosphere and blasting them down with Eclipse. This build varies with either Overgrowth or Chronosphere. A fast Aghanim's Sceptre is required, so rush it ASAP!
  • What is somehow good (for me) with this build is that there are three (3) empty skill slots, opening it up for other minor skill builds. I used an Illusion Build: Mirror Image + Metamorphosis + Reality Rift, giving me a bit of offensive potential + pushing force. You can use other minor skill builds and may you ask "Why use the word minor?" Well, what I mean by "Minor" is it's like a mini skill build which won't fully utilize its' capabilities but will still help you tremendously.
  • There are two paths for this skill build, Overgrowth or Chronosphere. Overgrowth gives you a good AoE root but the main focus here is Eyes of the Forest, giving us the ability to plant wisp-like objects into trees like a ward giving us vision + Overgrowth being casted there. This path has the potential to give you full map control + global root. Chronosphere gives you a team fight disable, freezing them in place for the perfect Eclipse. This build almost prevents any counter play from the enemy side, giving you a dangerous team fight build.
  • Now, how do you choose what build is right in your game? Well, if your allies are considering a skill build filled with disables and lockdowns like Duel, Overgrowth is the right build for the situation since they won't need the lockdown from Chronosphere. However, if they don't have the skills mentioned above, Chronosphere is the way to go.

• After building Aghanim's' Sceptre, you can now snipe them from far away with Eclipse since the cast range just got better, however be careful of their item counters. If they choose to use Blade Mail, a Eul's Sceptre is a good counter to prevent damage from returning to you or can be a good item for setting up. If they used Eul's Sceptre, consider picking up a Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse to mute them. Black King Bar? Well, this is a tough nut to crack. Always go first in disabling them to prevent the counters from being activated, but be careful, that can be a bait! Be patient and use it at the right moment. Chronosphere should help you in disabling, so Overgrowth path takers should consider those mentioned above. Doesn't mean you shouldn't build them though. Also watch out for Linken's Sphere. Your Scythe of Vyse may just ended up being blocked, so consider to pick a skill or item to pop it first.
  • After obtaining an Aghanim's Sceptre, you can plant Eyes of the Forest around the map for vision if you've chosen the Overgrowth path. Teleport around the map to plant them and consider the best places to have vision on.
  • Core items are: Aghanim's Scepter + Octarine Core + Refresher Orb + Bloodstone. Building those would give you a considerable heath and mana pool, not to mention mana regen (though I probably doubt you need mana regen) and the Refresher will come in handy. Consider a Blink Dagger/Silver Edge if you don't have an initiation tool for an easy Chronosphere. Situational items are Eul's Scepter, Scythe of Vyse, Nullifier, Black King Bar. Other items can also be picked depending on the situation and your skill build.

#7 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Yes, 2500= max range in damage. Thx for reminding, i've added this info in tooltip.

>>>Also, can I ask why does Nightmare + Duel (Aghanim's Scepter) doesn't work? It's supposed to silence you yet both the user and targeted hero can still cast.

Bug?

I will not write anything about build here, sorry. It may take even longer comments + comboing + countering, etc, Also it will be at least about hundred of different builds, classified on 10-12 classes.

Better let you teach yourself ;)

#8 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:25 AM

Yes, 2500= max range in damage. Thx for reminding, i've added this info in tooltip.

>>>Also, can I ask why does Nightmare + Duel (Aghanim's Scepter) doesn't work? It's supposed to silence you yet both the user and targeted hero can still cast.

Bug?

I will not write anything about build here, sorry. It may take even longer comments + comboing + countering, etc, Also it will be at least about hundred of different builds, classified on 10-12 classes.

Better let you teach yourself ;)

Welp, I guess you're right.  ;)  Though, I'll just stick to the skill build and the basic how - to. Thanks for the tip, Vordik! And wait, I'm kind of confused, what is the maximum range of Impetus/ maximum damage?

Also, I made this thread so I can suggestions from people because I'm running out of ideas (  :lol: ) and I want more diversity with my skill builds .So I'd really appreciate if you post your own skill builds too!

#9 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:09 AM

So, I made this up while thinking of stuns. Just thinking what'll happen if you put combine them...

This is just a skill build for me to giggle at them while they get stun-locked. .

Mini-Stunner                         Purpose

*Cold Snap                               For Mini- Stunning(using basic attacks)

*Battery Assault                        For Mini-Stunning(up close)

*Malefice                                   For Mini-Stunning(interval)

*Focus Fire                                Maximize the effect of Cold Snap and Bash

*Bash                                        To Stun their faces and possibly stun-lock them

*Amplify Armor                          I just don't like them going invisible when I used my whole combo on them

What you think guys? This is just for fun but feedback would be highly appreciated!

#10 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

Maximum "range in damage". Means cap is based on range and after this damage is calculated on damage. If range between units >2500 it counts like 2500.

Ok so.

I prefer to write short way to skills (skill number + hero name)

234 ursa + 34 slardar + 2 slardar or 1 centaur

Non-target aoe stun wins some time for realising bad things you want while amplify damage +enrage + bash doing short work with low target enemies (2-4 hits often)

1 dark seer + 3 4 thrall + possible midnight pulse or kind of blink or invis + blackhole or macropyre.

Just wait for some enemies standing together for short time and say "goodbye" if they are not enough tanky.

Shallow Grave + False Promise. Use ulti first and Grave after end. You winning about 13-14 seconds total for ally who will be unkillable.

Aether lens, glimmer cape, lotus orb are very welcome as additon for you and bm/mjolnir/radiance for ally.

Note: be sure that you playing not with idiots who will try to run away under immortality instead of taking down barracks

12 chen + 2 oracle + wild axes + primal roar + laguna blade

Try to expect correct skill order.

Note: Laguna requires fast Aghanim Upgrade.

Disruption + Soul Catcher + Demonic Purge + Impale or Ice path

Orchid Malevolence / Guinsoo / Nullifier are welcome. +Aghanim if enemy have strong protective passives.

X marks the spot + Poison Nova + Waning Rift + Deafening Blast or Ice Circles or Thundergod's Wrath

Better to combinate with pushing ally.

Passive + ulti Sven + Empower and ulti Magnus + sven's big bolt.

Simple.

Lightning Bolt + Static Field + Track + possibly some kind of pure damage like Brain Sap or Laser.

Don't give them any chance to run in invisibility.

Requires mobility, manareg, silence.

Nightmare + razor's Static Link. Additionally damaging stun + duel.

In theory it sounds fine but doesn't work enough good in practice.

Reverse Polarity + Echo Slam or Reverse Polarity + Chronosphere.

No comments.

Synergy + Necronomicon + Feral Impulse + Shapeshift + Rain of Chaos

Just try to stop fleeing enemies.

There was just random sentences btw.

Kids, don't try to repeat this at home!

#11 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

Hmmm, thanks Vordik! Seems like you're the only one I'm talking to here! :D This opens my mind up for more potential combos! Also, I know that this isn't the right thread to talk about this, but is it possible for me(or whoever is the appropriate person to do so...) to open up a thread regarding details about the next and future map releases?

Details like incoming nerfs, buffs or changes, release date, plans for the map and other stuff?

If it isn't, I would understand.

Thanks for the reply and future ones as well!

#12 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

Welps. Just edited a post which I was supposed to delete but I can't. How do I delete posts? This just a filler post, sorry for any inconvenience done.

#13 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

You can't delete posts I guess but don't worry about it if it's not excessive spam

#14 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:14 PM

Many peoples think right during game.

Details like incoming nerfs, buffs or changes, release date, plans for the map and other stuff?

Check it out in Discord.

https://discord.gg/AZZAFaP

There was less funny link also x)

#15 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:01 AM

Made a new one!

I took one of Vordik's suggestions and made myself a pure damage dealing skill set! Although Fate's Edict can't amplify anymore, I still tried to make one anyway.

Pure Damage Dealer               Purpose

*Laser                                       Damage + Blind (good for physical damage dealers)

*Brain Sap                                Damage + Heal (good source of HP sustain)

*Chakra Magic                          Mana Sustain + a bit of CDR. ( Six second cooldown reduction for next spell cast)

*Laguna Blade                          Nuke (Build a fast Aghanim's Scepter)

*LVL Death                                Late Game Nuke(just read the skill description)

*Multicast                                  Imagine x2 Laguna Blade. Or more...

What you think guys? This is just for fun but feedback would be highly appreciated!

#16 Kirby Satoshi

Kirby Satoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:14 AM

With the 6.86f0 patch, Split Shot, Moon Glaive and Flak Cannon got a rework. I'm wondering if there's any potential good combos with it. Am searching for one right now. If you have in mind a good combo, please suggest it. Thanks!

#17 Blackfirer

Blackfirer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

Vordik idea is good about skill build but it's not kinda exceptional. Of course, these skills should be in the hand of skillful players, not so any slow-brain or slow-reaction. There are more skill set but these are basic and ez build. Thank you for suggestion, Vordik.

#18 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

Easier builds are also less effective usually. Not always, of course.

Means they dont require much to get to build limits, but these limits are below average.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users