Suggestion - Ice Blast

5 replies to this topic

#1 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

Suggestion: add an ingame command to active autocast for this skill.

The skill is used in two steps:

1 step: aim direction, which is a point selected by the player;

2 step: press the skill button to release the damage effect at the travelling point.

This autocast will turn this skill into one step. So, when the player aim the skill, it will be automatically released in the aimed point.

Why?

(1) Sometimes it is hard to release the skill near the caster hero; (2) Sometimes it is convenient to not pay attention to the second step; (3) Delay issues make this skill very unpractical.

#2 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRussia, Nizhniy Novgorod

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

Basically good idea, but for real a bit unpractical, because launching point getting changed while enemies moving.

#3 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

Basically good idea, but for real a bit unpractical, because launching point getting changed while enemies moving.

I'm not sure if I understood what you meant. If you are talking about the second step, which the player can choose where to release the damage effect and consider the moviment of the enemies for better chances to hit enemies, I think this will be the price to pay for this autocast. Is that what you meant?

#4 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

This is not good trade at all.

Fact that iceblast gives vision for itself and then can be used in proper point is great feature.

If make autocast working even if hero can't cast skills (stunned/silenced/hexed etc.), it'll be like cheat for close fighting, compared to normal version.

If no, launching iceblast in chosen 10-15 seconds ago point is really pointless for saving 2 seconds in controlling maximum.

Ok, i've other idea: It may be "autocasted" only if used in close fight, to prevent problems with ping>80 and double-tapping.

But it's not what did you want.

We will think about your suggestion later.

And, sure, i'm sorry for my english.:)

#5 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for replying. I really agree with you on your considerations.

#6 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

Nice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users