#1 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

This game just happened (http://ohsystem.net/stats/?game=5098) where everyone began to get a frozen screen.  I noticed that my wc3 memory usage was spiking and constantly growing, although the program stopped responding and could not be terminated.

See screenshots.

This is pretty clear indication of a memory leak, but whether it's from the new map version or not, I'm not entirely sure (but it seems likely).

Attached Files

#2 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

This game just happened (http://ohsystem.net/stats/?game=5098) where everyone began to get a frozen screen.  I noticed that my wc3 memory usage was spiking and constantly growing, although the program stopped responding and could not be terminated.

See screenshots.

This is pretty clear indication of a memory leak, but whether it's from the new map version or not, I'm not entirely sure (but it seems likely).

Need spells of the game at least, would be great if you can find it in the db! (Replay cant be obtained when wc3 freezes)

#3 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's probably stone gaze, since there was a lod game on rgc, a guy picked stone gaze, and the game had massive lag when he used it for the very first time. We all had to end task and rmk the game \o/

*Tips fedora*

#4 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Need spells of the game at least, would be great if you can find it in the db! (Replay cant be obtained when wc3 freezes)

I disabled this option for now, since we are hostng currently the ohsystem hosting solution.
It will be later added back.

#5 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

So, back to this.

1.st the map s crashing frequently:
http://ohsystem.net/stats/?games
This amounts of draws isn't the norm. We had 1 crash in 100 games on the old version...

2.nd the map is killing itself, yesterday around 11p.m. i just thought i weould review the bots, the bot used 188% of our CPU.
Its not bot relating it happen to a non used bot with one game and an empty lobby without anything special notice in that game.
So it wasnt the bot! I already recheked this once again today, right after the picks of the skills the cpu increased and simple exploded.

I neither have a replay nor a skilldb because i need to restart the bot on a hardreset.

There currently some serius issues whch leading me to go back to the previus version we hosted....

#6 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

This is most likely due to Greater Bash, fatal errors at least.
Reason for the random freezes are still mostly unknown.

#7 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Find it :-D

#8 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well after i played today 4 games (with yesterday 2) I had 5 freezes and 1 crash.
Im getting rid of this version, reverted probably back now to 78c v3c.

I hope you can find the issues soon and fix them, for the gameplay its simple really annoying and the crashes/freezes doesnt make any fun.
Also because i need to restart my computer anytime because wc3 is using all the memory and leaking them, that it is unable to kill the process in any way.

Please inform me about any news on this process. However greater bash seems not to be the main issue here, i saw many games which went successful and without any issue throw the greater bash. What i've noted is that on nearly every game which crashed or freezed was picked hunter in the night.

Isnt there a way to debug the map? I mean JASS is probably a speech only for mapcreation (afaik only relating to wc3), there should be some ways of debug IMO...

#9 Grief-Code

Grief-Code

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Additional, there isnt only an issue with the freezes/crashes, the new map has also lagg relating issues.

We had each game around 1-2 spikes, and since we gone back to the old map they are magically disappeared :-D
So it seems lke there is a huge bunch of work to do ....

#10 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Additional, there isnt only an issue with the freezes/crashes, the new map has also lagg relating issues.

We had each game around 1-2 spikes, and since we gone back to the old map they are magically disappeared :-D
So it seems lke there is a huge bunch of work to do ....

The lag is solely caused by Strygwyr's Thirst which is fixed by the update

#11 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

well i blaming Greater bash unless another games on newest map will be buggy

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users