Suggestion - Fervor

6 replies to this topic

#1 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

I made a graphic to show the DPS of 7 skills used to buff attack speed. These analyzes are based on a unit with 1 attack per second and 100 damage per attack.

Attached File  Sem tГ­tulo.png   176.78KB   0 downloads

The vertical axis shows the TOTAL DAMAGE done and the horizontal axis shows the time passed.

The chosen skills were:

1 - Fervor

2 - Phantom Strike

3 - Overpower

4 - Geminate Attack

5 - Press the Attack

6 - Hunter in the Night

7 - Inner Beast

The total damage for active skills was calculated considering that the unit used the skill as soon as it could be used again. For Balanar's Hunter in the Night, it was considered 6 seconds at day and 6 seconds at night.

The total damage in the end of 12 seconds for each skill:

1 - Fervor - 2100

2 - Phantom Strike - 1800

3 - Overpower - 2000

4 - Geminate Attack - 1600

5 - Press the Attack - 1680

6 - Hunter in the Night - 1650

7 - Inner Beast - 1680

As you can see, Fervor has the best score in this comparison. It is problematic because (1) mana costing skills has worse damage results if compared to this passive and (2) similar passives are worse. If we take into account the specifications of these skills, Fervor would still be in the top score due to the potential consecutive bash hits at any point of the game, resulting in "permanent stun". 1v1 melee matches against Fervor/Bash combo are very unfair. The only way to actually counter it as a meele hero is taking Craggy Exterior (Tiny).

So, my idea on Fervor rework is make it work in the inverse:

At level 4, it will give 120% attack speed for the first attack, 100% for the second, 80% for the third, 60% for the fourth and 40% permanent bonus. Every second without attacking will increase the bonus by 20% until 120%. Attacking non-hero units reduce 10% for each hit.

With this rework, the score (total damage) would be 1740.

This change will turn the skill into usefull passive and not mandatory skill for melee bashing heroes.

#2 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Different nerf is already planned for this spell, we will see how that turns out. Can still nerf it further, I appreciate the graph by the way, fun stuff!

#3 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

Different nerf is already planned for this spell, we will see how that turns out. Can still nerf it further, I appreciate the graph by the way, fun stuff!

Thanks for the feedback.

I can't wait to see this nerf lol

#4 Vordik / Captain_Elk

Vordik / Captain_Elk

Elite Member

• Administrators
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRussia, Nizhniy Novgorod

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Nerf is: Fervor bonus AS per stack 20/25/30/35 -> 10/14/18/22, maximum stacks 4 -> 7. Armor reducing allpied after last stack.

#5 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

Nerf is: Fervor bonus AS per stack 20/25/30/35 -> 10/14/18/22, maximum stacks 4 -> 7. Armor reducing allpied after last stack.

:|

Considering the example unit I gave (1 attack per second), this change will lead to:

4 seconds auto attacking:

Fervor: 6,1 attacks

Fervor Nerfed: 5,32 attacks

12 seconds auto attacking:

Fervor: 22,5 attacks

Fervor Nerfed: 26,52 attacks

Except for the armor buff being applied at seven stacks, the overall damage is being buffed. Also, attack speed from other sources would "counter" this nerf, as it would build more stacks over time.

In other words, this nerf is about delaying only 1 hit.

Edit: by the way, thanks for sharing.

#6 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

Am I thinking wrong, or did you interpret it as: "also changed max bonus AS", which won't be changed. The limit is still at 80/100/120/140. Are you keeping this in mind or am I misinterpreting your calculations?

Btw, troll 1 is getting nerfed slightly too: Fixed berserker's rage BAT was 1.55 instead of 1.6 at lvl 4. Berserkers's rage no more gives +100 HP. Damage in form reduced by 6, armor increased by 3.

#7 Z0diaç

Z0diaç

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Am I thinking wrong, or did you interpret it as: "also changed max bonus AS", which won't be changed. The limit is still at 80/100/120/140. Are you keeping this in mind or am I misinterpreting your calculations?

Btw, troll 1 is getting nerfed slightly too: Fixed berserker's rage BAT was 1.55 instead of 1.6 at lvl 4. Berserkers's rage no more gives +100 HP. Damage in form reduced by 6, armor increased by 3.

Yes, I did interpret it as "also changed max bonus AS". As Vordik said:

If it can be stacked up to 7 times for 22% AS each stack, then I guess the max bonus will be changed. Well, I understood this. Anyway, thanks for making it clear.

Thank you both for informing and giving feedback on my suggestion.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users