#1 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

First, thank you Draco for updating.  Very exciting to come back to Lod and see we have improvements.  Now a few comments on changes.

1.  Death ward no longer gives a free Linkens charge on use

Why?  Death ward was pickable because of this.  Really it's nothing amazing.  I vote change back and use this linkens buff on other weak channeling spells that never get picked.  How about if scepter is made?  I'm thinking sandstorm would be fun with a sceptered linkens.  Who doesnt love hiding in the sand and damaging in an aoe?

2.  Spell Shield (AM) now has a 30% passive chance to reflect any targeted spells back on the caster (like Lotus Orb)

​How's this working out?  Sounds like a great idea.  :D

3.  Rearm no longer stacks with X Marks the Spot, Teleportation, Sanity's Eclipse and Phantasm (now only pickable in -rc rearmcombos mode)

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

4.  Witchcraft MS bonus from 4/6/10/14% to 4/6/8/10%

Called it.

5.  Witchcraft now puts the refreshed ability into a 0.5s cooldown instead of instantly refreshing it (to remove the possiblity of wasting spell)

Great idea.

6.  You can now swap taverns with ally using normal -swap command (only works in SD or MD mode). Any skills you picked will be cleared when swapping. Cannot be used outside SD and MD modes, or if bonus taverns mode D3/D4/D5 used (D2 allowed)

Brilliant.  Very handy.

7.  Rearm+Exorcism can no longer be picked outside RC

Thanks again for the rearm nerfs.  Had gotten a bit ridiculous. 

8.  Juxtapose hero duplicating chance for ranged attackers from to 40/45/50% to 25/30/35%  Phantasm range illusions damage dealt from 90% to 60%, mirror image range illusions damage from 30/35/40/45% to 20/25/30/35%, conjure image range illusion damage from 30/40/50/60% to 15/25/35/45%, Juxtapose range illusion damage from 22% to 18%

The image factory was long overdue for a nerf.  

9.  Haunt CD increased from 120 to 130

What about a decrease in cd by 10 every level up?  level 3 - 110 secs?  

Thanks again for the updates!

#2 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Agreed, it is great to see the map coming to life again after a years downtime on updates.

I also got some feedback on these topics brought up:

#Anti-mage Spell Shield reflect: It is understandable if reflecting a spell (as old school linkens did) is a prock chance due to coding reasons and difficulties, such as conflicting with other sources of similuar nature.

However - Dota 2 has a set 12 second cooldown for this abillity which I find to be a superior method and more accountable than dice-throwing and on average 30% of your entire load gets returned on yourself. It's unpredictable and is simply a bonus if you get anything reflected at all.

#Free linkens on death ward:
Lod has its own standards and that linkens charge helped, I havn't checked myself but apparently it was removed.
- i'd say it's better to add bkb effect for a portion of that channeling time to as previously established - make it viable in lod.

#Sandstorm:
It has a huge dps, i'll give it that. But otherwise useless in this vastly resourceful game mode.

It just simply doesn't have any purpose nor can it serve one and theres plenty of other options to go by instead.
Useless in otherwords unless you troll around with cogs vs dipshits who doesnt pick/buy a blink.
Suggestion: Make it an activational instead of channeling, give it a much shorter duration.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#3 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Having sandstorm channel on its own would be ideal. Let's try this out. Sounds like fun. A mini bkb for other channeling ults with scepter would help as well. Linkens or bkb. Either helps these channeling spells become pickanle. The meta is too strong for these skills to be playable otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users