#lod 6.86

36 replies to this topic

#1 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

I really want to see new map lod update.

It's more fun and helpful for low spec pc to play.

#2 CHEATER

CHEATER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

yeah pls 

#3 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

I hope they are going to release soon.

Because it has been 1 year and a half for lod 6.85.

#4 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

Give ResQ and Draco $5.  Bet you they release a map if people donate a little.

#5 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

No, donating won't make the map release right now, time will. But donating will surely create some motivation to work quicker... By the way, only draco receives money. I don't get any and don't want any donations.

Can be done here: http://d1stats.ru/support/

#6 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

Might wanna include that link in new map at the start of the game.  

#7 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

Hope new map will release soon.  :)

If the new map will not release at the movement, I suggest them to release current map version with fixing some bugs from 6.85i like 6.85j, 6.85k for improving game play.
ex in map 6.85i hero tiny(stone) can drop Aghanim's Scepter, he will get most  N/A of all heroes include goblin's greed and riki's invisible too.

Anyway I really appreciate the map creator team effort for making such a wonderful map for us to play. :D

#8 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hope new map will release soon.  :)

If the new map will not release at the movement, I suggest them to release current map version with fixing some bugs from 6.85i like 6.85j, 6.85k for improving game play.
ex in map 6.85i hero tiny(stone) can drop Aghanim's Scepter, he will get most  N/A of all heroes include goblin's greed and riki's invisible too.

Anyway I really appreciate the map creator team effort for making such a wonderful map for us to play. :D

That wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

To have what is in progress already of bugfixing from Draco's side.

So far as of yet, this current version is the one which has set a world record of bugs submitted in wc3 history (afaik).

- Just look at that fucking thread, it's huge.

However, the hiatus is a hiatus and it would be bad to release a half-assed updated map.
- If it comes down to the two of them, a halfassed release vs a splendid one -> I wouldn't mind waiting longer.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#9 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

So upcoming map will be a great changes.

hope heroes will have talent instead of increasing 20 states when reaching lv25.

#10 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

@ResQ

While we are waiting for new map can you at least give us some insight on two things:

1st, rough time of release. Are we talking about weeks, months? Or what percentage of the map is done?

2nd, since you almost never reply to topics of our suggestions about balance, something new or a re-works, can you at least tell us what have you done with the following spells: Kraken shell, Relocate, Ball lightning, Mystic flare+essence aura (or Mystic flare alone) and illusions generally?

#11 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Dear @ResQ. First I just join forums, so I don't know there's many topics that mentions about bugs and skills and suggestion to improve game play. Would u send thoses links for me to join? Kraken shell alone is not a big deal unless it combine with 3rd skill zues or 3rd skills bb. To counter kranken reduce physical damaged not spell. Just make kraken shell as old version.like 3rd aura of pitlord. For relocate and ball of lightening, just make the player can chose only one instead of both ( like can chopse hell blash or fire blash only ) Mystic flare is not op . because u can counter it with blade mail or bkb I don't think magic flare has to be reworked. For illusions I think it is not a big deal as skill that u mentioned. Bugs that I have faced : Fast HP and mana regeneration when it regen 300 to 500mp or 50 to 100hp per second. Bugs trigger : when that hero die alot. Fatal error when a team with static field and the oponent team has 3rd skill bb and 3rd skill spetre.

#12 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

@ResQ

While we are waiting for new map can you at least give us some insight on two things:

1st, rough time of release. Are we talking about weeks, months? Or what percentage of the map is done?

2nd, since you almost never reply to topics of our suggestions about balance, something new or a re-works, can you at least tell us what have you done with the following spells: Kraken shell, Relocate, Ball lightning, Mystic flare+essence aura (or Mystic flare alone) and illusions generally?

1) months

2) a) Plan for Kraken shell currently is that it will work similarly to how stacking damage block in WC3 originally works. Something similar to buying two stout shields, where the 2nd one doesn't simply add damage block on top, but is reduced by a certain amount. What this means is that it'll be nerfed.

b) Relocate will receive a CD nerf/rebalance on both normal (100/80/60 -> 80) and agh version (30 -> 50).

c) Mystic Flare will be changed to accomodate DotA 6.88 (no longer 0s CD)

d) illusions will not generally receive nerfs. Haunt will be nerfed (CD, and melee illu damage from 70 -> 40%, ranged 20%, Spectre DotA original was and is 30%)

e) goblins greed, empowering haste, fireshow, shapeshift, chemical range, insatiable hunger will also all be nerfed more or less slightly.

f) other minor nerfs/buffs are of course also included, this isn't everything balance-wise.

Other interesting notes: Currently we plan to introduce original spell cast points (or cast animation), as it is in DotA 2. This means that LoD further normalizes itself to DotA standards.

0 Cast point (cp) heroes will be nerfed (if using spells that have a higher cast point), but normal cast point / high cast point heroes will roughly remain the same. E.g. raze spam with a hero like Wisp will work just like it did in DotA. This allows us to buff razes (as to dota 6.88 standard) without keeping mind a randomized factor like 0 cp hero model.

Easy explanation example: Fissure will have a 0.69 cast point no matter if your hero is Wisp or Earthshaker or Silencer, etc. Tether, Toss, Avalanche, etc. will have a 0 cp regardless if you're Wisp, Tiny, Pit Lord or Rooftrellen.

Altogether, this will achieve less overpoweredness by single hero models, as well as huge irregularities like casting 3 razes in 1 second, simply because you had the luck to get a good hero model.

#13 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:53 PM

Other interesting notes: Currently we plan to introduce original spell cast points (or cast animation), as it is in DotA 2. This means that LoD further normalizes itself to DotA standards.

0 Cast point (cp) heroes will be nerfed (if using spells that have a higher cast point), but normal cast point / high cast point heroes will roughly remain the same. E.g. raze spam with a hero like Wisp will work just like it did in DotA. This allows us to buff razes (as to dota 6.88 standard) without keeping mind a randomized factor like 0 cp hero model.

Easy explanation example: Fissure will have a 0.69 cast point no matter if your hero is Wisp or Earthshaker or Silencer, etc. Tether, Toss, Avalanche, etc. will have a 0 cp regardless if you're Wisp, Tiny, Pit Lord or Rooftrellen.

Altogether, this will achieve less overpoweredness by single hero models, as well as huge irregularities like casting 3 razes in 1 second, simply because you had the luck to get a good hero model.

Don't do it lol. I've played dota 2 lod and this cast time per spell sucks. LOD is about building a hero that specializes in one field (caster, carry, tank) It's gonna be really hard to build a mc caster with 0.69 cast point fissure and 0.3 cast point fireblast when enemy pitlord cast Rage with 0 cast time. This change would essentially buff carries and nerf all casters.

Put it this way, the cast time per hero is one of the reasons I prefer dota 1 lod...

totally BURNT

#14 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:19 AM

It would be nice if you make some tips command (optional) for player to know cast point time for all skills (every for them to understand cast point and hero casting speed).

So hero's casting speed will not effect with cast point of the skills. I don't think they will choose io, rabit, or puck anymore because their advantage of casting speed fast is no long important, due to their state level is a bit low.

Please nerf static field of zues.

I don't know whether other member report morphine + heart of tarrasque. it still restore of morphine's hp even he's still taken damage from enemy hero. and also when he wear blink dagger.

And illusion if you use transform skill (except werewolf because) and combine with illusion skill (ult choa knight, mirror image of naga), the illusion doesn't passive skill especially all critical strike skill.

#15 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

1) months

Damn, was hoping it would be sooner. :(

2) a) Plan for Kraken shell currently is that it will work similarly to how stacking damage block in WC3 originally works. Something similar to buying two stout shields, where the 2nd one doesn't simply add damage block on top, but is reduced by a certain amount. What this means is that it'll be nerfed.

Sorry I wasn't precise enough, I wanted to know more about a part that removes negative buffs. Is it possible to put some small CD on that, e.g. once every 4 sec? Right now with enough HP you can dispel anything they throw at you, it is really hard to stop/disable someone unless you silver edge him.

I kind of like this, but I have to agree with Burnt on part that will nerf caster.

#16 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

"Randomized factors" are the fun part of lodding.

When you add something new to the mix, you got alot of already pre-existing values and stuff to play around with.

Personally, I'm torn between either directions:
1) You get some benefits like Toss always being efficent
2) Vice versa, some stuff will just simply be a bucket of water to haul around with.

And best would be IMO to leave cast points as they are.
- LoD is already far deep into it's own meshes (with it's own balance measures in place).
- Does very little but upsetting the fanbase (which is disregardable).
- It is strictly arbitrary to update the cast points according to updates, I dont see the point of it.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#17 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

outside the topic. 
while playing in battle.net I have encountered some players using hack map program.
the "map hack detected" message didn't show up, even i use commend -ah.

Do you have any idea how to detected it.

Regard,

#18 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

As always, the changes are all beta changes, nothing of this is set in stone. If a map releases with the cast anim changes in place, it doesn't mean that they'll stay forever. We don't have an internal beta team so all releases are instantly beta (lod isn't a normal map/game and in my eyes it'll never be finished). The choice is also always there to lower cast points of very high cp spells like fissure, or ogre magi spells, etc. (basically anything over 0.4).

Unacceptable however, is 0cp heroes being used with originally high cp spells, this completely screws over the balance.

This wasn't the case in dota, and honestly I wouldn't understand anyone complaining about not being able to use shadowraze or 5 stuns on Wisp in a splitsecond anymore. It's unfair, it's unnatural, and it's beyond recognition unbalanced. The only other solution I see is to severely nerf the 0cp heroes in other regards. For me though it is obvious to orient at dota's original spells, where cast times where carefully chosen for each and every hero, with all their spells considered. As said before, I agree to not having for example fissure have such an ultra high cp.

Also, the argument "this will nerf casters and buff carries" is obviously considered, most carry passives are too OP right now, some of them were already considered for nerfs (as written in my original post). All in all it should help to make LoD less snowball-y and tone the imbalance down (of which it has ridiculous amounts right now).

Don't do it lol. I've played dota 2 lod and this cast time per spell sucks. LOD is about building a hero that specializes in one field (caster, carry, tank) It's gonna be really hard to build a mc caster with 0.69 cast point fissure and 0.3 cast point fireblast when enemy pitlord cast Rage with 0 cast time. This change would essentially buff carries and nerf all casters.

Put it this way, the cast time per hero is one of the reasons I prefer dota 1 lod...

I don't really get the argument here, unless you play -ap or with a very high tavern number. You only have 11 hero model choices in most cases, and if there's more choice through more taverns, you compete with enemy and allied players (who clicks the best hero model fastest deciding the game is unacceptable). In these high tavern/ap modes, balance is impossible anyway, as you can always make an absolutely imbalanced hero every game, instead of only once every 10 games in sd/md modes.

Also what's that garbage with "pit lord casting rage in 0 cp, with fireblast 0.3 cp"? It was this way in dota and it perfectly works. Stacking stuns is too good in LoD anyway, but regardless, Rage as a sole factor is already nerfed. I see where you're getting at, carries are too overpowered if casters have less time to react, which I wholeheartedly agree with. The snowballing of the game, where some heroes get max attack speed and 150 damage per hit in a 20 minute game from 1000 range away is another problem I'd like to solve. It's definitely not a good experience to get mowed down in a matter of 2 seconds without any chance to react.

#19 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

I don't really get the argument here, unless you play -ap or with a very high tavern number. You only have 11 hero model choices in most cases, and if there's more choice through more taverns, you compete with enemy and allied players (who clicks the best hero model fastest deciding the game is unacceptable). In these high tavern/ap modes, balance is impossible anyway, as you can always make an absolutely imbalanced hero every game, instead of only once every 10 games in sd/md modes.

Also what's that garbage with "pit lord casting rage in 0 cp, with fireblast 0.3 cp"? It was this way in dota and it perfectly works. Stacking stuns is too good in LoD anyway, but regardless, Rage as a sole factor is already nerfed. I see where you're getting at, carries are too overpowered if casters have less time to react, which I wholeheartedly agree with. The snowballing of the game, where some heroes get max attack speed and 150 damage per hit in a 20 minute game from 1000 range away is another problem I'd like to solve. It's definitely not a good experience to get mowed down in a matter of 2 seconds without any chance to react.

I play on ENT with sdd2/mdd2. I also sometimes play ib1 or ru6 on RGC SA. One of my favorite modes actually has only 1 tavern to pick skills from (d1?) and I don't like ap or d5.

You can find my stats here, Burntt - 80 games, 1828 points (http://ladder.ranked...802&step=75&p=9)

I don't think we should compare normal dota with lod anyways as a carry, say with berserker blood and bt, can rekk casters (especially if fireblast has a delay). Also nerfing casters will kinda buff tanks too. I'm not saying this change is bad. But I have personally experienced dota 2 lod with skill-based cast point and I didn't really like it.

Lastly I believe sometimes we can buff skills that counter op combos, instead of nerfing the op combo. For example, giving smoke screen some damage or more slow or bigger AOE will effectively nerf ball relocate.

totally BURNT

#20 samnang

samnang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

For me, I always play lod with this command : -sds6frfnulabahbososc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users