#1 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Okay so I think some people are not familiar with tank builds in LoD ;) . A tank just needs the right skills and items to shine.

Skills:

1. Return 2. Atrophy Aura 3. Morph (to str ofc) 4. Berserkers Blood 5. Dispersion 6. Heartstopper Aura 7. Reactive Armor 8. Dragons Blood 9. Bristleback (preferbaly picked along with Quill Spray) 10. Corrosive Skin 11. Mana Shield 12. Anti-Mage's Spell Shield 13. Counter Helix 14. Flesh Heap 15. Untouchable 16. Gravekeeper's Cloak 17. Cold Embrace 18. Blur 19. Backtrack 20. Drunken Brawler 21. Krakens Shell 22. Devour (preferbaly devour Ogre Magi/Enraged Wildkin) 23. Unstable Current

Ultimates:

1. Chemical Rage 2. Reincarnation 3. True Form 4. Borrowed Time 5. Exorcism 6. Sunder 7. Flesh Golem

Sorry if I didn't mention more of them, these are all I can remember. NOTE that if you pick the wrong skills together, you will have an USELESS build e.g. Bererkers Blood, Dragons Blood, Spell Shield and Reincaration. Maybe you will be hard to kill, but you can do nothing, so smart people won't focus you. Good builds should be like this: Dispersion, Corrosive Skin, Reactive Armor and Chemical Rage. You have 20% m.resist from CS , Dispersion gives you 20% damage REFLECTION, Reactive Armor and Chemical Rage adds you more health regen, hp and armor, in other words, more survival abilities. It is not an useless build because Dispersion does damage and still gives you tanky stuff, same with Corrosive Skin, and the two remaining abilities focuses on survival abilities. Oh and almost forgot - Return + Morph is sorta IMBA! . Return deals damage equal to your strength (only 50% but still :D) and morph morphs all your agility to strength. This combination works very well especially on Dragon Knight imo, because his str gain is 2.8 (sorta high) and agi gain is 2.2 which allows you to morph more agi to str :)

Items:

1. Vanguard 2. Hood of Defiance (+upgrade) 3. Radiance 4. Str giving items (e.g. HoT) 5. Armor giving items (e.g. AC) 6. Even health regenaration items if necessary (e.g. BS) 7. Power Threads (Strength) 8. Blade Mail

The item picks should be according to your skills. For example if you have Berserkers Blood or Spell Shield, you won't need hood of defiance and you should buy vanguard. If you have lots of armor (Dragons Blood or Reactive Armor) you won't need vanguard and you should buy hood of defiance. If you just have amazing synergy with your build (lot of m.resist and armor and HP) imo you should buy blade mail OR, if you can, you should rush buying radiance.

Hope this helped you ;)

*Tips fedora*

#2 urogard

urogard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

so much wrong stuff

most important, if you buy hood or vanguard you by definition haven't picked the skills for a tank and you just wasted 4k gold instead of using it on stuff that will actually allow you to tank properly, like a butterfly or satanic. Squishy heroes need hood, if enemy has multicast however then even hood goes out of the window by default (unless you need it to survive double zeus mc)

there is only one tank combo in lod and you didn't mention a skill that's core for that. Anything else is a draft where the only question being asked is how many seconds will you survive with that swipes/feast/permastun/mort/essence/any-other-dozen-combos smashing you

Not once have I seen your type of "tank" be a relevant factor in the outcome of a game, if anything it's always a waste of skill slots

I'll be nice however and tell you the skills that absolutely must not be picked if you ever wish to have a win rate of above 50%

1. Return 2. Atrophy Aura 6. Heartstopper Aura 8. Dragons Blood 10. Corrosive Skin 11. Mana Shield 12. Anti-Mage's Spell Shield 13. Counter Helix 15. Untouchable 16. Gravekeeper's Cloak 17. Cold Embrace 18. Blur  23. Unstable Current

and the 2 big no-no items as explained already are vanguard and hood (unless in special circumstances as explained)

#3 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

You are so playing s6d5bo and more of that clusterfuck mode... I was talking about sdzm3lseb where its balanced, only 10 heroes to pick and 4skills.

*Tips fedora*

#4 antiweltteilchen

antiweltteilchen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

i think u need to take a bit care about picking multiple skills giving magic resistance. im not sure about lod, but in regular dota they wouldnt stack. also another issue is that u have to create a threat. a threatless tank doesnt do anything if the enemy is smart enough to ignore him. so u either need pushing potential quite early or should be able to deal some dps. quillspray+bristleback normally does that job quite well for example.

#5 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well ytd I had corrosive skin, dispersion, chaos bolt, and death ward

15min - radiance, and i pushed lanes quite easily. if the enemy ignores me i can dps them too (VS model)

*Tips fedora*

#6 antiweltteilchen

antiweltteilchen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

the build is fine, chaos bolt and death ward makes sure u cant be ignored.

#7 Djargoo

Djargoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Corrosive skin and Dispersion is only fun when your enemy has the dispersiona nd you have the skin xD

You attack enemy: His dispersion will give him your corrosive skin. He gets then damaged by corrosive = makes new dispersion = gets corrosive again.

I had this twice happen in early game in same lane, twice i had the corrosive.. its the best thing on planet to see your enemy having the permanent corrosive :D

fuk u

#8 MYSTATSOWNFILIP

MYSTATSOWNFILIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

where is heartstopper?:Г“

#9 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members