How about these for the next version?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hi, here are some suggestions that I would like you to comment and possibly implement in next map version.

• Relocate scepter upgrade: remove current upgrade (30 sec cd) and give it something else. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas but current bonus makes players play from fountain area taking no risk at all. You can get everywhere and help gank or push, yourhp and mana are constantly full. Kind of dull.

• Ball Lightning: put a cd of 1 or 2 sec. Heroes with 0 cast time are impossible to stun or silence.

• Greed: IMO it is really op. With right skills you can farm full inventory within 25 mins. My suggestion would bes to reduce gold cap and bounty rune multiplier.

• Land mines: if it is possible to code, can you make it that blade mail works on them for the first 1-2 seconds after casting? After those few secs BM wont work.

• Poison Nova: my problem with this spell is that projectile speed is too slow. You can outrun it with decent movement speed. Can you speed it up a little bit?

• Eye of Skady: since it doesn't say I suppose cold attack slows MS/AS the same for ranged and melee heroes. It would be nice if effect for melee heroes is slightly greater than for ranged.

• Greater bash: same like Eye of Skadi, it would be nice that chance is greater for melee heroes.

• Vampiric aura: also reduced values for ranged heroes, like Vladimir's LS aura, maybe 12%, 16%, 20%, 24%?

• Cold Feet: re-scale mana cost per lvl, 150 mana is too much for first lvl, amybe 90, 110, 130, 150 mana?

• Arcane orb: re-scale mana as well, maybe 70, 80, 90, 100?

• Pulse nova: I would like to see slow effect removed because this skill is strong as it is. Besides this, slight increase of mana cost peer lvl would be nice IMO. With Aghanim's you can deal 1000 damage for only 60 mana per sec. Ain't that too much?

• Voodoo from Rhasta and Lion: one lasts 4 sec and has 12 sec cd while other lasts 3.5 sec and has 13 sec cd, no logic at all. Either increase Lion's voodoo cd or decrease Rhasta's.

• Thunder clap and Earthshock: Ursa's spell has more than twice lower cd and mana cost but has same slow effect and almost the same damage. Some balance between the two would be nice otherwise no point picking Thunder clap over Eatrhshock.

• Avalanche: a bit lower cd, maybe 13- 14 sec, and if necessary lower damage like other aoe stuns got nerfed.

Regards

#2 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

#GBash: This already have penalties in -extend balance mode.

#Skadi: Far as I know it should have a penalty for Ranged models, if not - It should be fixed accordingly.

#Thunderclap: Agreed, unless you intend to stack your Earthshock with a replicated inferior ability it is insignificant.

#Pulse Nova: 1k dmg / 60 mps seems like a typo. Afaik there is a mode regulating this Boosted Nova with a slow.

- In my oppinion, the slow should stay as it is, that's what makes it great together with it's power/dps.

#Avalanche: Agreed, it could use a lower cooldown.

#Manacost on abilities: Agreed, those 2 abilities (amongst Force of Nature and more) could benefit from lower mana cost.

#Relocate (Boosted): That appears to be a gamebreaker in unbalanced game modes. No comment.

#Greed: This is the unfortunate nature of Greed, farmers have to be stopped before they get too big.

#Ball Lightning: In my oppinion, more spells that tampers with players mana pool would be more efficent in general.

- If that can't be implemented, I agree on adding a 0.5 sec cooldown on BL.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#3 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

#GBash: This already have penalties in -extend balance mode.

Without or with balance mode other bashes have penalties for ranged heroes so why not give Gbash reduced % for ranged heroes.

#Pulse Nova: 1k dmg / 60 mps seems like a typo. Afaik there is a mode regulating this Boosted Nova with a slow.
- In my oppinion, the slow should stay as it is, that's what makes it great together with it's power/dps.

It's not a typo, with Aghanim's and lvl 3 you deal 200 dmg/sec and in team fight you could deal up to 1000 dmg if you hit all five heroes for only 60 mana. On top of that dmg follows you where every you go unlike other ultimates that have cd and require positioning. I'm not saying that Nova is op, far from that, but with bloodstone or sadist you can keep Nova activated for quite a while. Not to mention that silence or stun wont deactivate PN.

#Relocate (Boosted): That appears to be a gamebreaker in unbalanced game modes. No comment.

Dude, in any mode you get 30sec cd with Aghanim's and with Octarine it goes down to 22.5sec. There is no reason to leave fountain area with this skill. You can gank, push, help team fights anywhere every 22.5/30 secs and all your spells will refresh by the time you come back as well as your hp and mana.
Once you relocate you throw everything you have, return after 12sec, repeat and so on, just plain stupid.

#Greed: This is the unfortunate nature of Greed, farmers have to be stopped before they get too big.

I agree and when that happens it's teams fault but you can reduce Greed's numbers a little bit and postpone the feed.

Some spells I forgot in first post:

• Deafening blast: with Aghanim's is just OP, AOE is so huge that you can disable whole team. These roles belongs to Black hole, Ravage, Reverse Polarity and spells alike not regular spell with 24sec cd.
    Please remove all around effect and replace it with two blasts in front of you, for example.
  • Weave: re-work it and make it more useful/pickable. Instead of getting/losing armor for the whole duration make it work like a Static Link. Your armor increases/decreases for 16sec and after that it stays increased/decreased till the end of duration. This way you could benefit the max armor for X seconds instead of only last second.

• Death ward: Too weak in mid and late game and some buff could be very welcome. Yellow text says that Aghanim's gives more dmg and extra bounces which is not the case, you get only extra bounces and dmg stays the same. Not sure if this is a typo or bug but if Aghanim's is meant to increase DW's dmg please make it happen because it is too weak and relies on others spells to be effective.

#4 HiV

HiV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

Yeah Land Mines should be hit by blademail withing like a 2000 radius or so. 

Poison nova is so strong with mortal wounds I don't think it should be buffed. Ever.

Arcane orb with lower mana cost will result in some people leaving it at lvl 1 just to use it to refresh mana. Would be very OP early game

Relocate could be easily fixed by having octarine not work on it. Being there 12/32 seconds isntead of 12/24.5 is a big difference.

#5 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Without or with balance mode other bashes have penalties for ranged heroes so why not give Gbash reduced % for ranged heroes.

Last time I checked, bash and timestop/lock does not have penalties on ranged models. Only Greater Bash does.

It's not a typo, with Aghanim's and lvl 3 you deal 200 dmg/sec and in team fight you could deal up to 1000 dmg if you hit all five heroes for only 60 mana. On top of that dmg follows you where every you go unlike other ultimates that have cd and require positioning. I'm not saying that Nova is op, far from that, but with bloodstone or sadist you can keep Nova activated for quite a while. Not to mention that silence or stun wont deactivate PN.

Then it deals 200 dps in an aoe. Not 1k in an aoe. Thats what area of effect does.
I can imagine Chain Frost, Echo Slam,Sonic Wave dealing far more damage in an instant when taking multiplication into account as to regard total damage dealt over a timeframe, per cast, per mana spent.

You cyclone that hoe and step back and kite that fucker. You don't engage him where and when he is the most powerful, you strike him where he is weak.

- This is called the Art of War.

Otherwise, a new meta is in order if this is a dominating-surefire pick every game. Per example, mana depleting abilities.

- Mana leak that hoe and he cant do shit.

As Pulse Nova is, no changes are to be made.

Dude, in any mode you get 30sec cd with Aghanim's and with Octarine it goes down to 22.5sec. There is no reason to leave fountain area with this skill. You can gank, push, help team fights anywhere every 22.5/30 secs and all your spells will refresh by the time you come back as well as your hp and mana.

Once you relocate you throw everything you have, return after 12sec, repeat and so on, just plain stupid.

Thats what you get for playing a broken game mode.

Instead of having an ultimate, you get to warp around the map doin stuff in the moment and being very flexible for your team.

Now you get an ultimate, since I assume you play a broken game mode - thus you get more power.

- Taking note on "you throw everything you have", sounds like a nuker with too many abilities. I suggest playing a more balance game mode.

I agree and when that happens it's teams fault but you can reduce Greed's numbers a little bit and postpone the feed.

Tweaking/nerfing Greed would only mean: It changes nothing (when you dont nerf enough) - people still gonna overfarm pretty quick and land the smackdown on players around 30-40 min mark.

Or when you nerf too much - it falls off the radar completly after people realise Greed is now a waste of time.

So either the community can actually begin to counterplay afk-farmers by placing wards and roaming woods'n such or delete Greed from the map.

Again this is the unfortunate nature of Greed.
- Git gud.

Some spells I forgot in first post:

• Deafening blast: with Aghanim's is just OP, AOE is so huge that you can disable whole team. These roles belongs to Black hole, Ravage, Reverse Polarity and spells alike not regular spell with 24sec cd.
    Please remove all around effect and replace it with two blasts in front of you, for example.

And it also pushes all units away from the casting point of origin, thus not an effective wombo-combo 5-man wipe unlike Black Hole which does the exact opposite.

Weave: re-work it and make it more useful/pickable. Instead of getting/losing armor for the whole duration make it work like a Static Link. Your armor increases/decreases for 16sec and after that it stays increased/decreased till the end of duration. This way you could benefit the max armor for X seconds instead of only last second.

- Agreed, for the sake of LoD (and ignoring Dota principles/standards) this skill could use a rework.

It usually ends up in 3 scenarios:
 - Victim notices armor reduction and fucks off to prevent disaster.

- Victim is clueless/arrogant/stupid and pays the consequences of lacking 20-30 ish armor.

- You lack the power to do anything regardless of the armor diffrence.

Preferably i'd like to see weave giving thicker ticks at higher intervals rather than a high frequent increase/decrease.
- Say, 5 armor per 5 sec change - And leaving the final reduction/buff with a lingering 10-20 sec duration.

• Death ward: Too weak in mid and late game and some buff could be very welcome. Yellow text says that Aghanim's gives more dmg and extra bounces which is not the case, you get only extra bounces and dmg stays the same. Not sure if this is a typo or bug but if Aghanim's is meant to increase DW's dmg please make it happen because it is too weak and relies on others spells to be effective.

Death Ward has the same unfortunate nature as Greed does.

Too little, too much.

Kill the entire team by pressing D, or little is accomplished.

Other skills should be buffed accordingly to make success for this ability - like buffing Presence of the Dark Lord.

However, the fucking aghanims should be fixed at all costs.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users