31 replies to this topic

#1 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

In the works:

Rearm reworked. Now passively reduces all your spell and item CDs by 20%, and any allied heroes' spell and items CDs by 5% (global). Can be used on yourself or an allied hero to instantly reset all of their CDs. Has a 3/2/1s cast time. 170s CD, 250/350/450 manacost.

Please give your opinion. Please also note if you would be sad if we replaced the current Rearm gameplay with this.

Numbers are of course WIP, comment on the concept.

#2 HiV

HiV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:16 AM

I'd be sad if you replaced rearm gameplay how it is now. Without rearm it pretty much turns it into either MC or right click dps.

#3 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

I like what I see.

- The global 5% CDR seems redudant to the core reason you pick the spell and should IMO be excepted.

- Scaling of the spell is weak. (As a result one point will be given at 6, ignored until all else is maxed).

- Change CDR scaling with level (ex: 15/20/25), CD 170/145/120.

Does the CDR stack with other sources? (such as Chakra Magic, Octarine Core plus future additions?)

- I'd like it to stack with other sources if possible.

If possible reserve the original Rearm in another game mode.

- Fun skills / oldschool mode or w/e.

- Put the new rearm implemented in both Extended balance + Balance off mode(s).

Please discuss further for more/new ideas.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#4 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

I'd be sad if you replaced rearm gameplay how it is now. Without rearm it pretty much turns it into either MC or right click dps.

That is the case when playing public games with S6.

If you seek variation, I suggest you try a diffrent game mode and/or another game channel/platform.

- With S4 per example, you need to compensate the lack of power you get from drafting with genuine drafting and synergy from your kit.

In your current settings (as it appears to me) people will simply go for the thing that grants most power in a straight forward way.

It also helps if you play with more skilled people.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#5 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

S4 is boring lol and you know what, S6 requires far more drafting skills than S4, not only because you're picking 2 more skills that need to synergize with the first 4, but also because enemies have the same flexibility to outdraft you

totally BURNT

#6 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

I'll be sad if a skill turns into an item (partial refresh orb + partial octarine core)

totally BURNT

#7 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

S4 is boring lol and you know what, S6 requires far more drafting skills than S4, not only because you're picking 2 more skills that need to synergize with the first 4, but also because enemies have the same flexibility to outdraft you

HAH. Joke of the day. Nay, month.

You get more drafting freedom with S6 -> More power from your kit.

As a player you need to compensate for the lack of power with skill.

- And partially with your opponents incompetence.

In S6 you steamroll people with your build. Which is hardly the case with S4.

Multicast + Assassinate / Finger of death -> Instant frag - No effort.

As playerbase skill increases, you realize not all can be the MVP player of the game and begin to assort out roles, pub trains happens across the map.

Warding vs Roaming happens.

Picking 5 stuns with MC to stunlock people doesn't happen.
Carry with zerk blood and infinite steroid skills doesn't happen,

1 player roaming the map getting all the kills on those who afk farm VS alert players with map awareness each taking a place on the map.

The more slots you get, more power to the player.

More power -> less skill / effort to win.

Imagine if Wrath of the Thunder God dealt 99999k damage (instead of regular 210) on level 1.

- Instant rampage on level 6 -> No effort.

Same princip mate, S6 is a crazy pubstomp mode for casuals that requires less skill and effort to play/win.

- Most of it comes down to what you draft, not what you do.

But I digress, publics gonna pub.

Hope you keep enjoying it.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#8 HiV

HiV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Mc finger/laguna aren't really game breaking. And assassinate doesn't mc. I'm also confused is rearm overpowered in s4? Rearm (without rearm combos) isn't that overpowered in S6. There is only 3 or 4 skills that you will see most people pick with rearm in s6 and maybe 8-10 that I would consider viable. I'd rather see this rearm turn into another ult instead of replacing rearm. No reason we cant have both

#9 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Mc finger/laguna aren't really game breaking. And assassinate doesn't mc. I'm also confused is rearm overpowered in s4? Rearm (without rearm combos) isn't that overpowered in S6. There is only 3 or 4 skills that you will see most people pick with rearm in s6 and maybe 8-10 that I would consider viable. I'd rather see this rearm turn into another ult instead of replacing rearm. No reason we cant have both

#Rearm S4 - It's not a common gamebreaker in that game mode. What has been a fad is that threds continiously whine on Rearm comboes being broken.

- And this is due to the "0 CD ultimates" thanks to Rearm. S4 does not have that. S6 does.

#MC+ASS: Also didn't know that about mc+ass.

Unfortunately S4 is relatively dead with the current channels on RGC and everyone either plays S6 or get's sucked into the mainstream snowball that keeps growing.

- So this Rearm change is mainly directed towards that demographic, the S6 players.

Far as I'm concerned - the new Rearm should be implemented in all game modes to replace the current Rearm.

- Especially those that abuse refreshing ultimates.

If plausible, another mode can be created/utilized with old versions of spells where we can put Rearm if you wish to play that.

- Together with other fun abilities like Death Ward(Riki), Lightning Storm(Razor), Spellsteal(Morph) etc.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#10 STR/PWD

STR/PWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

global  imba, better    1200 or 1500 Aoe  or  rearm  with aghanin s   = 1000 aoe for ally pasive refresh all spells 15 % chance 

#11 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

In my opinion I would keep it as it is for s4 mode and disable it on ultimates in s6 mode until you came up with something better.

Right now it looks like a mixture of Supernova, Refresher and Octarine core. Beside that, we don't know if it stacks with Octarine core.

#12 STR/PWD

STR/PWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

disable rearm s6 or  cd for 200 no for ally

#13 STR/PWD

STR/PWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:18 AM

Im  w8 for  new map.................

#14 dmzipp

dmzipp

• Moderators
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

do like this

-rearms ults every second cast [of the ult that is being rearmed]

ie.

1. ravage

2. rearm

3. ravage

4. wait full cd of ravage before it can be rearmed again

now can also remove that dumbass cooldown thing

#15 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Rearm is just broken and shouldn't refresh ultimates.

If you want balance, you remove ultimates from the equation entirely.

Cant say I dislike the idea of having a refresher orb version of Rearm.

But nonetheless I put my regards the same as before, Rearm is broken as fuck and shouldn't refresh ultimates.

And i'm not a big fan of min/maxing type of balance either. I prefer drastic measures.

On a sidenote, map hasn't been updated in roughly a year now and I doubt things are gonna change at all at this point.
- Hopefully i'm wrong.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#16 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

It's too much.  Will be abused hard in 6 skill.  Can you imagine a team with globals all getting refreshed at the same time?  It's ungodly.  But I do like the idea of changing rearm.  Move it to a passive for ultimates.  Just reduces the cd.  Can instantly refresh the regular skills still.

#17 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

wtf Jiminy still plays?? miss you so much!

totally BURNT

#18 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

Haha lol.  I took some time off.  I always come back.  Cant help it.  

#19 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

lul rgc or ent

totally BURNT

#20 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

It's too much.  Will be abused hard in 6 skill.  Can you imagine a team with globals all getting refreshed at the same time?  It's ungodly.  But I do like the idea of changing rearm.  Move it to a passive for ultimates.  Just reduces the cd.  Can instantly refresh the regular skills still.

Original suggestion doesn't refresh the entire teams CDs, just one selected ally (or yourself). Entire team would be gamebreaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users