#1 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

For all game modes concerned with abused Rearm combo's.

You can either keep banning new combinations that were previously sub-par with previous abused combinations to auto-win games or do one of the following:

- Disable Rearm to refresh ultimates

- Ban Rearm from the map

This has been a flaming trend on this forum for quite some time now, that ultimates are abused with Rearm thus winning games nearly without effort or doing so with extreme efficency.

This is gonna keep happening to some extent until all seperate ocations of abuses are tweaked individually or you can simply nerf the common nominator for this trend.

Rearm keeps showing up with new OP that just wins the game uncontested.

I think it's about time that the conduit for the pure cancer to end by destroying the thing that enables this.

Either ban Rearm, disable it from s6 (or other modes with multiple ultimates) or disable it from refreshing ultimates.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#2 MyLoveALi

MyLoveALi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

Hi

Disable Rearm to Refresh Ultimates I guess better

and this will not bug anymore like now 

thx a lot 

repsect

#3 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

I figured this would stop all the complaint about people and by people who abuses Rearm for easy wins.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#4 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

only rearm combo that needs a ban is rearm + phantasm

Others are not that op imo

totally BURNT

#5 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

only rearm combo that needs a ban is rearm + phantasm

Others are not that op imo

I'm afraid not.

Rearm is the cancer, some new content will be implemented or a new combo is found to be abused -> It get's banned -> New combo found -> Repeat.

Sidenote: A new thread has been opened to discuss a new version of Rearm.

http://legendsofdota...opic/785-rearm/

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#6 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

rearm is mana costly. It's strong but not that game breaking. As HiV said in the other thread, disabling rearm reduces variety and may just turn lod into carry/mc dominated game

totally BURNT

#7 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

rearm is mana costly. It's strong but not that game breaking. As HiV said in the other thread, disabling rearm reduces variety and may just turn lod into carry/mc dominated game

Rearm is game breaking.

It enables game breaking ultimates to be used constantly.

Usually those skills are tide turners for the flow of the game, mostly saved up for a special opportunity to max out the payout during a big fight.

- Mass Serpent Wards

- Rain of Chaos (Inferno)

- Sanity's Eclipse
 - Black Hole

- Chain Frost

- Death Ward

The list is long of game changing ultimates when used properly and with rearm theres no down time, it just becomes your standard method for encountering players and creep waves.

Majority of those mentioned clears a creep wave on the spot and can usually take down 1-3 players at the time.

You either use soulring to cancel out (/partially in lategame) Rearm manacost and/or Boots of Travel for a mana refill.

And you teleport back again with 100% mana pool.

For infinite ultimate spam that is not a high requirement. Soul Ring can take you far alone.

Boots of Travel gives you a constant flow.

My personal favourite is Sanity's Eclipse.
- Instakill all in target circle.

- Gain gold, exp, stats (from Fleash Heap / GoW).

- Rearm -> Refill mana / Ready to instawipe all in sight.

You can't recover from that, it just decides the game.

- It's too much power.

For that reason with many other examples, rearm has been the cancer - and rearm comboes has been reported frequently for winning games with OP cancer unstoppable builds.

So instead of banning each individual combo that shows up, you fix the source of this - Rearm. Thus ending the cycle of complaints on a new combo discovered and getting banned.

Look at it from the other perspective, the new rearm can enable other builds we havn't thought of yet.

I'm gonna try out Rearm, Assassinate, Chakra magic for 0CD. (20% + 25% + 5s -> 1s CD).

---

Far as HiV is concerned, thats their bed to sleep in. They got their current game modes hosted regurarely with their playerbase playing those cancer modes.

Stop hosting cancer game modes or stop complaining about balance in a broken game mode.

Since people complain on a broken game mode anyway, here we are.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#8 HiV

HiV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Stop hosting cancer game modes or stop complaining about balance in a broken game mode.

Since people complain on a broken game mode anyway, here we are.

Didn't you start this thread? I don't get why your so concerned with the balance of rearm if its just affecting the cancerous game mode that you don't play.

And it's obvious that you don't play s6. Wards and Infernal cant be used with rearm. Black hole is good if you have a good team with you, but it's also really easy to not get caught in black hole. Chain frost is good for farming and not so great for team fights. Most people will just disperse and the dmg isnt that much from a single chain when everyone is 18+. Rearm death ward is only good with SA skills and it's mostly single target killing. Sanity can be countered by a team with blademail, which is almost a standard item in S6. The only overpowered skills with rearm in S6 right now is Teleport+x-mark and phantasm. 

#9 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Didn't you start this thread? I don't get why your so concerned with the balance of rearm if its just affecting the cancerous game mode that you don't play.

And it's obvious that you don't play s6. Wards and Infernal cant be used with rearm. Black hole is good if you have a good team with you, but it's also really easy to not get caught in black hole. Chain frost is good for farming and not so great for team fights. Most people will just disperse and the dmg isnt that much from a single chain when everyone is 18+. Rearm death ward is only good with SA skills and it's mostly single target killing. Sanity can be countered by a team with blademail, which is almost a standard item in S6. The only overpowered skills with rearm in S6 right now is Teleport+x-mark and phantasm. 

I did start this thread.

I'm concerned because I care about the development of the map, and a frequent trend has been complaints on abused ultimates by refreshing them.

- As each ban comes into place, a new is found (Some inferior, some superior) to get the job done.

I do play S6 ocationally, Infernals can't be used anymore because of these reasons mentioned in the thread.

- It's a banned case and no longer an available build.

It's not about each individual ultimate, a playerbase will find the best alternative when the next ban comes. Those which you commented on are plain examples to explain that princip.

Instead of banning ultimates from Rearm or nerfing, (in this thread) Rearm is to be banned (another thread) or changed.

And currently it's X-mark's the Spot TeleportPhantasm according to your information.

- Which allows a player to continiously warp around the map and dropping a powerload before leaving.

- I assume Rearm is involved despite you didn't mention it. Thus you can cycle this process in a limitless fashion and easily control the map flow single handedly.

It just goes to show that Rearm is the root of this trend, thanks to the bans a new comes to takes it places.

- With a ban or change to the main source / enabler this trend will end.

And if we make the assumption that complaints are an indication for change, we no longer treat the symptoms but the actual disease.

- Halting all further complaints on this path.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#10 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

- As each ban comes into place, a new is found (Some inferior, some superior) to get the job done.

It's not about each individual ultimate, a playerbase will find the best alternative when the next ban comes. Those which you commented on are plain examples to explain that princip.

Instead of banning ultimates from Rearm or nerfing, (in this thread) Rearm is to be banned (another thread) or changed.

And if we make the assumption that complaints are an indication for change, we no longer treat the symptoms but the actual disease.

- Halting all further complaints on this path.

You are desperately and innocently assuming the map has unlimited game breaking rearm combos.

I don't see any after phantasm+rearm is disabled. Other skillsets without rearm can be much stronger even in s4 mode. Grow+sleight+totem+ninjada; range+impetus+blink; etc...

How about ban them all?

Immigration (especially refugees) continuously cause social problems. How about ban immigration to stop citizens' complaints?

totally BURNT

#11 HiV

HiV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Phantasm only strong because all the rearmable skills that can counter it are banned. And if phantasm is banned there won't be anything else that can be as strong as it with rearm. I think I would know because I play S6 a lot and have tried most of the remaining rearmable u;ltimate skills.

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

You are desperately and innocently assuming the map has unlimited game breaking rearm combos.

I don't see any after phantasm+rearm is disabled. Other skillsets without rearm can be much stronger even in s4 mode. Grow+sleight+totem+ninjada; range+impetus+blink; etc...

How about ban them all?

Immigration (especially refugees) continuously cause social problems. How about ban immigration to stop citizens' complaints?

Phantasm only strong because all the rearmable skills that can counter it are banned. And if phantasm is banned there won't be anything else that can be as strong as it with rearm. I think I would know because I play S6 a lot and have tried most of the remaining rearmable u;ltimate skills.

These comments of yours are just currently active meta situations of the playerbase.

- This will change and come in new forms.

Before we know it, we're gonna have something new to complain about.

Probably the next ultimate that is abused instead of Phantasm.

Or better yet a new overpowered version of Rearm.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meta, Balance, Pubstomp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users