Mystic Flare

19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

changing Mystic Flare cooldwon even after purchasing Aghanims Scepter from 0 to 1

Specially when you have Essence Aura you can discover how unbalance it can be

#2 skyzerst

skyzerst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationsoutheast asia

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

and when you know that enemy has this combo yet no one on your team made orchid item? lol

#3 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

with orchid u r Silence about 5 sec what about rest ?

according to what u r saying all players must purchase Orchid !?

#4 vinhvdt

vinhvdt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

There're so many ways to anti Mystic Flare. It isn't imba.

#5 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

with orchid u r Silence about 5 sec what about rest ?

according to what u r saying all players must purchase Orchid !?

You kill him.

GG humanity, as always.

#6 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

another thing that worth to note

changing Last Word silence time from 2.2 to 1.5 and 750 AOE to 500

#7 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

another thing that worth to note

changing Last Word silence time from 2.2 to 1.5 and 750 AOE to 500

This is why you create a new thread.

GG humanity, as always.

#8 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

nope , my main reason is Mystic Flare not Last word

i'm ok even they wont change last word but do something about mystic flare

#9 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:02 AM

It is about the only way for int heroes to be strong lategame, damage wise, and you want to take it away? Shame on you.

#10 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

it's op especially with OD's aura. But you need level 16 and agh to function. There are combos that are much more powerful than this in lod. Nothing to nerf here imo

totally BURNT

#11 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

another suggestion

1.removing broodmother bash during her ultimate skill with Shape Shift

2. not restoring some global skil such as Thundergod's Wrath , Wrath of Nature and Haunt with Supernova

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:42 PM

another suggestion

1.removing broodmother bash during her ultimate skill with Shape Shift

2. not restoring some global skil such as Thundergod's Wrath , Wrath of Nature and Haunt with Supernova

You dont know how to use a forum.

GG humanity, as always.

#13 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

You dont know how to use a forum.

i thought its might be better, instead of opening multi thread use one thread to express all of my suggestion but because i like u, from now on i'll open new thread for any suggestion

#14 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Bump.

Mystic Flare still hasn't reached a conclusion on this topic.

All in favour of 0s cd -> 1s cd (Boosted with Aghanims):

Vote yay.

All in disapproval:

Vote nay.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#15 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

Nay, obviously.

But give a super low (1-4s) cooldown on some other nuke, that is easier to use, like finger of death without aoe, or something, so there are other damage-heavy lategame int builds.

#16 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Nay, obviously.

But give a super low (1-4s) cooldown on some other nuke, that is easier to use, like finger of death without aoe, or something, so there are other damage-heavy lategame int builds.

Multicast + Nukes

Sanity's Eclipse

Adaptive Strike

Life Drain (Boosted)

Stampede

Theres plenty of alternatives to lategame nukes.
Mystic Flare is it's own field with the only Nuke you can effectively dump all your mana with on opponents.

- Similuar to Ball Lightning.

Mystic Flare should be balanced for balance purposes (and semi reasons for viability to other spells I admit) as if the top skilled players in LoD abused it to it's potential.

- When the numbers are cranked to the max/difficulty/exageration the easier it becomes to see the flaws.

Far as I'm concerned, Mystic Flare does not need a 0s->1s CD change.

Problem usually is getting to the fucker before he unloads his arsenal on people.

And Orchid has fairly long range for interupting his unloading.

That and a ward will disrupt the Flare spammer with ease.

---

Personal vote: Nay.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#17 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Multicast + Nukes

Sanity's Eclipse

Adaptive Strike

Life Drain (Boosted)

Stampede

Just because a skill scales with stats does not make it strong. Sanity's Eclipse is only really strong with rearm, multicast is broken-ish on it's own.

Life Drain is pretty good, but only with aghanims, decreptify and ghost scepter, and even then, if you are up vs real nukers, you melt. Just that nukers are rare, save for multicasters, since there is no non-multicast nuke build that is any strong, besides flare.

Which is why it would be cool if there was more stuff like flare/pulse nova/rofl where 1 skill can eat up your whole mana, but provide your whole damage output.

I mean, carries get all their wishes fulfilled by duel - infinite scaling, long duration short cooldown bkb-piercing all-spellcasting stopping skill. Casters need a bone they can build around too.

#18 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

Just because a skill scales with stats does not make it strong. Sanity's Eclipse is only really strong with rearm, multicast is broken-ish on it's own.

Life Drain is pretty good, but only with aghanims, decreptify and ghost scepter, and even then, if you are up vs real nukers, you melt. Just that nukers are rare, save for multicasters, since there is no non-multicast nuke build that is any strong, besides flare.

Which is why it would be cool if there was more stuff like flare/pulse nova/rofl where 1 skill can eat up your whole mana, but provide your whole damage output.

I mean, carries get all their wishes fulfilled by duel - infinite scaling, long duration short cooldown bkb-piercing all-spellcasting stopping skill. Casters need a bone they can build around too.

Yep. They have Sanity's Eclipse for lategame instawhiping the enemy team.

#Onlystrong with Rearm - I disagree.

With: Gamebreaker - Without: OP lategame.

#Manadrain spells: This should have it's own thread for new ideas regarding spell suggestions.

- I can agree that Flare goes overtop by itself.

And too much of these kinds of spells would turn dota into a "Tactical Strike" simulator.

Also I noticed the author of this thread has deleted his account.

---

Personally I will go with the flow of the imported patchnotes from Dota 2 and be unsupportive of changing 0s->1s by the community's influence.

GG humanity, as always.

#19 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

How can you instawhip the enemy team by doing 2000-3000 magical damage? Blocked by bkb, tank builds can easily achieve ehp vs magic of 10000+, rare to hit more than 2-3 people, unless enemies are retards. The mana drain can be nice, but tanks/carries are quite unaffected by it.

A decent-sized problem of the righterclicker vs caster discrepancy is the fact that rightclickers are not limited by resources and have an easier time last hitting and sustained harassing, and taking down towers.

We need more things like Octarina Core, lategame power boost to casters. If they add that vulva doto thingy of intelligence scaling up spell effects, that would be a neat boost. Would make intelligence less useless.

As it is right now, stacking intelligence is only good for Mystic Flare and Mana Shield builds. Everything else is best scaled off a different stat.

#20 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

How can you instawhip the enemy team by doing 2000-3000 magical damage? Blocked by bkb, tank builds can easily achieve ehp vs magic of 10000+, rare to hit more than 2-3 people, unless enemies are retards. The mana drain can be nice, but tanks/carries are quite unaffected by it.

A decent-sized problem of the righterclicker vs caster discrepancy is the fact that rightclickers are not limited by resources and have an easier time last hitting and sustained harassing, and taking down towers.

We need more things like Octarina Core, lategame power boost to casters. If they add that vulva doto thingy of intelligence scaling up spell effects, that would be a neat boost. Would make intelligence less useless.

As it is right now, stacking intelligence is only good for Mystic Flare and Mana Shield builds. Everything else is best scaled off a different stat.

This belongs in another  thread.

Hopefully INT spell power will be implemented in the next patch as well as the new items.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users