remove scepter bonus from relocate/nerf relocate

21 replies to this topic

#1 terrio

terrio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

i think relocate with scepter is too op, very low cooldown and guaranted(almost) return after 15 sec i too overpowered with most builds, my idea is to remove scepter bonus from relocate or make it return you back after 3sec of not taking damage or being cc'd

#2 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

The main problem probably isn't a utility skill (Relocate), you're probably playing an unbalanced game mode.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#3 Entrails

Entrails

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

relocate finger of death, is cringe worthy

#4 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

apparently you haven't seen relocate ball or nova lol

totally BURNT

#5 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

yea , i think it would be better if Relocate wont be pick-able with Rearm

as far as i see ResQ/Draco add Supernova to stack list with Rearm but Relocate !

at least you can add it to -bo mode

#6 Entrails

Entrails

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

imo nova itself is op if you get enough tanky items. even the cheeky bugged mana burn cant do sht.

#7 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:18 PM

manabreak with illusions can do some shit tho

totally BURNT

#8 Entrails

Entrails

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

manabreak with illusions can do some shit tho

nova is aoe tho

#9 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thus the broken game mode.

You dont have this shit if you play s4 and things should be balanced accordingly.

More skills to pick, more power, less gameplay/skill to win. Builds do most of the work.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#10 dmzipp

dmzipp

• Moderators
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

in a game mode where you can get multicast finger of death it's not really such a particular event

#11 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

Thus the broken game mode.

You dont have this shit if you play s4 and things should be balanced accordingly.

More skills to pick, more power, less gameplay/skill to win. Builds do most of the work.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

/j lod ~~~ Rearm + Exorcism / Relocate / Guardian Angel

/j lod sa ~~~ Tinker Rearm + Wisp Relocate

/j lod asia ~~~ Rearm with [Relocate/ Timelapse / Suicide / X-Mark / Flame Guard / overgrowth + aghanims scepter/sanity eclipse + aghanims scepter]

/j iran lod ~~~ Tinker Ultimate (Rearm) + Wisp Ultimate(Relocate) / Omniknight Ultimate(Guardian Angel)

any explanation for that ?

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

/j lod ~~~ Rearm + Exorcism / Relocate / Guardian Angel

/j lod sa ~~~ Tinker Rearm + Wisp Relocate

/j lod asia ~~~ Rearm with [Relocate/ Timelapse / Suicide / X-Mark / Flame Guard / overgrowth + aghanims scepter/sanity eclipse + aghanims scepter]

/j iran lod ~~~ Tinker Ultimate (Rearm) + Wisp Ultimate(Relocate) / Omniknight Ultimate(Guardian Angel)

any explanation for that ?

All these channels plays primarily a cancer mode for dumb fucks with low skill who wants a good time with minimal effort to win copius amount of games.

Play a real mode instead with high skilled players and you will see what bubbles up instead of this pubstomp trash standards.

GG humanity, as always.

#13 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

some noob is having a bad day. you surely needs this forum to release. Lemme quote someone here:

Whiteboard, on 29 Oct 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:snapback.png

Here you go again Cricket. Spreading filth on the forums.

Shame on you.

Find a local bar where you can go herp derp, because this place is not for that.

totally BURNT

#14 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

Am I wrong? 

GG humanity, as always.

#15 Burnt

Burnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

Many people prefer 6-skill mode over 4-skill. As long as enemy has the same chance to pick op drafts, it's fair.

Imo 4-skill mode is very limited and not too much different from original dota. If you are doing an extension on sth, go far and enjoy more possibilities. At the end of the day it's a game, no one has the right to judge others' hobby. your post sounds like a tennis player swearing at a badminton player hahaha

totally BURNT

#16 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

Many people prefer 6-skill mode over 4-skill. As long as enemy has the same chance to pick op drafts, it's fair.

Imo 4-skill mode is very limited and not too much different from original dota. If you are doing an extension on sth, go far and enjoy more possibilities. At the end of the day it's a game, no one has the right to judge others' hobby. your post sounds like a tennis player swearing at a badminton player hahaha

Theres a huge diffrence with 2 additional slots.

Theres also a huge diffrence with gaining additional abilities as you level up without investing skill points.

If you allowed the interface to support more than 6 icons from abilities (can be done using multi-icon abilites such as Shadowraze combined with passives with -sp command). Say for example: 8-30 skills mode.

What follows beneath would amplify to a higher degree that it becomes ridiculous and pointless to bother playing seriously or with skill.

You get more power.

With less slots to fill, you need to make the most out of it.

And that shows clearly with those < who makes the most out of it > VS < who doesn't make the most out of it >.

This forces a player to synergise his abilities for a higher output, instead of simply picking more abilities.

- Haunt + Riptide is a classic example: Giving a nuke ontop of Haunt which reduces armor for illusions to abuse.

In specific details, you can multicast and rearm ultimates which is a dealbreaker for balance.

In terms of snowballing in the actual game, those who reaches level 5 gains a huge advantage versus someone who is still level 4 on the lane.

- That's 2 skill points, while drafted with geniously can decide the game at that point because of un-recoverable snowballing.

- Say for instance, another nuke/stun, blink or a dealrbreaker passive skill that has a massive impact for 1 skill point invested alone (such as blink).

- Suddenly you can do alot more than you could if you were playing the default mode of the map (4 skills) and simply destroy your opponent.

As far as the topic of possibilities goes, you're correct.

- Sadly people just go for more power for cheap wins.

- Hence channels starts to ban the common nominators in an unbalanced game mode.

Flaws of a game shows more easily as you crank up the numbers and take it to a higher skill level.

- Fucking up has a higher toll at that point.

But why the fuck would people care?

"GG EZ".

GG humanity, as always.

#17 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

Long story short:

"Let's play 50 skills mode"
"Let's play -WTF mode"

Omg. This is broken as fuck! NERF PLZ

GG humanity, as always.

#18 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:22 PM

Given that we have a different view about the game mode but i have to admit that u where mentioned a very good point.

because i were playing S4 for a while, i do know that in s4 ur skill choice should be more accurate and practical which not everyone is playing as pro player like old IH LoD players and plenty of new players prefer to play s6 to have a wider choice to maneuver in the game.

#19 Guest_Labkhand_*

Guest_Labkhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:29 PM

Long story short:

"Minority = s4"
"Majority = s6 and s5"

so we should respect their choice :D

#20 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

I can respect your argument, but not humanity.

It's just a case of norms, flow of mindless fish swimming in the riverpath created by the makers.

Apple industries, casual games on facebook/smartphones, s6 mode etc.

A case of low standards.

LoD did not play s6 primarely 1-2 months ago, but was strictly an european channel for EU players.

- RGC staff opened the channel for the public -> Guess what: People with low skill and low standards flooded in.

LoD IH is dead.

People will continue to amass where the activity is.

- For that reason, the good old community of mine wont bother waiting 5 hours for a single game to pop -> when theres a constant flow of trash/pubstomp games in the new LoD channel.

Myself included.

I do not blame these people for doing what satisfies them, but rather call them out for it for the lack of mine.

I am as of yet powerless to change this.

People will continue to flame about OP things in an unbalanced game mode, because thats all that is ever played now.

Should any group play the default mode in the future, it's gonna be fucked somehow as a consequence.

And yes, my life is rather empty at the moment - LoD is my primary focus to retain sanity and prevent apathy.

So heres my summary to s6 players: Yes - it's a broken game mode, fucking enjoy it instead of being pissed on a broken game mode for being broken.

- If you cant: Play a diffrent mode if you want balanced games.

GG humanity, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users