Photo

How does WC3 Patch 1.27 affect DotA LoD?

23 replies to this topic

#1 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

Hi All,

I am not sure if this will affect anything at all but I was really excited to see this:

http://www.inquisitr...-out-on-mar-15/

http://www.gamespot.... Reign of Chaos

and

This is going to be released in a few hours now and it seems to have some pretty significant changes. Also, kudos to BliZZard for keeping this game alive even in 2016!!!

Does anyone know it could affect the current LoD map?

Thanks & Kind Regards,

-Mav

Vocal Trance | Warcraft III - DotA LoD | Formula 1 | Windows Phone | Windows 8 | Streamathons | Geek Culture | Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

Power Stride & Ready to Ride!

#2 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

Hard to tell, if I had to guess probably not that much. I'd say there won't be many big changes, we might see them in further patches, 1.27b or so (as blizz says this is just the start).
But we will see when the patchnotes are out.

#3 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

Well, My WC3 got updated to 1.27 as soon as I joined Battle.net today ... whenever i join a DotA LoD game, it is fine till the game starts but as soon as the draft pick starts, I get an Out of Memory message and it crashes, on subsequent attempts it just crashes without any message (I guess that is Windows killing the WC3 process).

:(

Vocal Trance | Warcraft III - DotA LoD | Formula 1 | Windows Phone | Windows 8 | Streamathons | Geek Culture | Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

#4 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

just tested, nothing wrong. which mode?

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#5 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

sdem but I think I figured out the issue. I think it was due to ManaBars.mixtape (its a mixtape file which shows mana bars under health bars) ... After I removed it from the WC3 folder it works fine.

#6 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

sdem but I think I figured out the issue. I think it was due to ManaBars.mixtape (its a mixtape file which shows mana bars under health bars) ... After I removed it from the WC3 folder it works fine.

This is a hack and you risk getting banned from battle.net by using it, but I assume it simply doesn't work for newer patches.

#7 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:14 AM

There are two versions of mana bars, one is pure mana bars and the other is with vision, I used the one which is simple mana bars ... all it does is show mana, why would showing mana below health bars be an issue?

#8 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:17 AM

There are two versions of mana bars, one is pure mana bars and the other is with vision, I used the one which is simple mana bars ... all it does is show mana, why would showing man the same way health bars show health be an issue?

Simply because other players don't have it.

#9 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:51 AM

Well, I am a respectable member on both OHS/GH (Server Contributor with over $1200 in donations) and ENT, if people feel it should not be allowed, I can stop using it (does not work now anyways) but I first heard about it on an OHS forum as a recommended utility along with Hotkey managers as a recommended addon to enjoy LoD.

In that same regard, I know some players use Hotkey managers, its a huge advantage if you pick spells with overlapping letters ... that is never bannable because others do not have it?

#10 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Well, I am a respectable member on both OHS/GH (Server Contributor with over $1200 in donations) and ENT, if people feel it should not be allowed, I can stop using it (does not work now anyways) but I first heard about it on an OHS forum as a recommended utility along with Hotkey managers as a recommended addon to enjoy LoD.

In that same regard, I know some players use Hotkey managers, its a huge advantage if you pick spells with overlapping letters ... that is never bannable because others do not have it?

Good point, from my perspective hotkey tools are allowed, and if you don't use one it's your own fault (same goes with the -cam command which some players deem as a hack).
With manabars it's a little bit different imo, as far as I know they're directly injected into wc3 (like hacks) unlike hotkey programs.

#11 Mirar

Mirar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

hotkeytools are overrated i tried out 3-4 different ones and evryone is kinda bugged if you pick multyicon spells/rearm because it fucks up the hotkeys with placechange

#12 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

Same reason I do not use them, could never figure out a way to reliably use one.

Also, @ResQ & @DracoL1ch ... just an FYI, I spend insane amounts of time playing DotA LoD and is pretty much the only game I play ... just like I started this thread with words of gratitude for BliZZarD for supporting a game they launched back in 2002 (even back them I was enamored with the graphics, music, gameplay and story line) ... I want to thank the two of you for maintaining the LoD map and keeping things interesting by changing things from time to time and keeping it fresh.

#13 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

hotkeytools are overrated i tried out 3-4 different ones and evryone is kinda bugged if you pick multyicon spells/rearm because it fucks up the hotkeys with placechange

Just use customkeys.txt to chang the hotkeys. Make them way more diverse, add in some unused keys too, and you can get 99% of all combos you ever wanted without hotkey issues.

#14 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:46 AM

Garena Total works really well but it doesn't help with spells that get removed and added constantly (like Rearm)

#15 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

Just use customkeys.txt to chang the hotkeys. Make them way more diverse, add in some unused keys too, and you can get 99% of all combos you ever wanted without hotkey issues.

Do you have a file you have already made?

#16 Entrails

Entrails

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Auct Hotkey Tool v2.8d <-- I recommend this for easy hotkey remap (including move, attack, stop button) 

#17 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

http://drjones.dk/cu...s/generator.php

Make sure you understood that these keys will not change "on the fly", so you need to restart wc3 to update them. Customkeys.txt is not really that useful.

#18 vHAPpY

vHAPpY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

cant play lod in Warcraft 1.27a .

#19 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Works perfectly fine for me. Could be blizz fucked something up with older OS's though (I'm using W10).

#20 maverickrohan

maverickrohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

I am almost sure this has to do with WC3 addons like Fog Click detector, Mana Bars or something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users