#1 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Greetings!

I just wanted to inquire about some skills, whether they work on illusions or not, most importantly, against heroes.

Skadi frost orb melee/ranged? Devour ghost frost attack? Incapitating bite? Geostrike? Fervor? Return? Fireshow?

Are there any others I have missed? I am not mentioning the traditional wc3 ones - melee feedback, evasions, crits, transformation skills, base damage, attribute changes and endurance auras, since those have always worked on illusions.

Is there some rule of thumb as to which orb-like but not-orb-effect things work on illusions and which don't?

And, a minor side question. Does having haunt with desolate cause desolate to do 0,75x40=30 damage per hit, does it cause the haunt illusions to do 70-25=45% damage, or does it cause haunt illusions to do 70x0,75=50% damage?

Thank you for your insight!

#2 UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

UzuMaKi_NaRuT0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Greetings!

I just wanted to inquire about some skills, whether they work on illusions or not, most importantly, against heroes.

Skadi frost orb melee/ranged? Devour ghost frost attack? Incapitating bite? Geostrike? Fervor? Return? Fireshow?

Are there any others I have missed? I am not mentioning the traditional wc3 ones - melee feedback, evasions, crits, transformation skills, base damage, attribute changes and endurance auras, since those have always worked on illusions.

Is there some rule of thumb as to which orb-like but not-orb-effect things work on illusions and which don't?

And, a minor side question. Does having haunt with desolate cause desolate to do 0,75x40=30 damage per hit, does it cause the haunt illusions to do 70-25=45% damage, or does it cause haunt illusions to do 70x0,75=50% damage?

Most DEF passives work on illiusions like Helix/Return/Dispersion/Bristback and ANY aura type. Orb effects have visual projectile but doesn't effect at all. Fire show, Fervor and frost related attacks doesn't work.

Desolate does full damage through armor whenever its from illiusion or not.
Edit:
But there is a bright side too.
Chemical Rage's Reg, Shapeshifter's MS bonus and Hunt of Night always work on them ;]

#3 Hillomunkki

Hillomunkki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Most DEF passives work on illiusions like Helix/Return/Dispersion/Bristback and ANY aura type. Orb effects have visual projectile but doesn't effect at all. Fire show, Fervor and frost related attacks doesn't work.

Desolate does full damage through armor whenever its from illiusion or not.
Edit:
But there is a bright side too.
Chemical Rage's Reg, Shapeshifter's MS bonus and Hunt of Night always work on them ;]

Wrong wrong wrong. 

They don't get Dispersion or Bristleback as they don't propagate to illusions and the trigger won't count them.

Helix and Return have aura values set to only affect "self", which is why they work on illusions. At least Helix is based off Brilliance Aura (it also increases your mana regen by 0.01)

Effects based on Endurance Aura: Yasha, Drums, Degen Aura[Omniknight's] and Devotion Aura: Ring of Basilus, Assault Cuirass, Natural Order[Tauren Chieftain's Aura] work on illusions.

Transformations that change the base hero are also carried over, with inbuilt values such as Chemical Rage's base HP regen. Shapeshift's movement speed is applied as an aura to all your units, not just you.

Greetings!

Skadi and Ghost's Frost Attack don't work on illusions, neither does Incapacitating bite, Geostrike, Fervor or Fire Show. Geostrike used to be based off Envenomed Spears (and it still is in DotA) and that does work on illusions.

#4 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:17 PM

Wrong wrong wrong. 

They don't get Dispersion or Bristleback as they don't propagate to illusions and the trigger won't count them.

Helix and Return have aura values set to only affect "self", which is why they work on illusions. At least Helix is based off Brilliance Aura (it also increases your mana regen by 0.01)

Effects based on Endurance Aura: Yasha, Drums, Degen Aura[Omniknight's] and Devotion Aura: Ring of Basilus, Assault Cuirass, Natural Order[Tauren Chieftain's Aura] work on illusions.

Transformations that change the base hero are also carried over, with inbuilt values such as Chemical Rage's base HP regen. Shapeshift's movement speed is applied as an aura to all your units, not just you.

Skadi and Ghost's Frost Attack don't work on illusions, neither does Incapacitating bite, Geostrike, Fervor or Fire Show. Geostrike used to be based off Envenomed Spears (and it still is in DotA) and that does work on illusions.

I think youre wrong about a few things here.  Maybe Resq or Draco can answer this more thoroughly.  I know helix works on haunt illusions at least.  I know skadi works on all illusions.  Im pretty sure dispersion works on haunt illusions.  Venos passive works, the venom orb for 275 works.  Feral impulse works.  Mana burn on melee images work.  heart stopper aura works but it's weak and needs buffed asap.  conjure image works (attack speed boost).  

Assault Curias is a good idea.  Imma try that in a haunt build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users