huskar

5 replies to this topic

#1 sansalone

sansalone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Well, that's it. Huskar's Berserker's Blood isn't working since 6.78. It would be cool if it would work so it could be combined with Pudge's Rot.

Anyway there are other options of a Rot centered build.

Rot + Fiery Soul + Scorched Earth + Natural Order + Borrowed Time + Pulse Nova.

It's really cool that Borrowed Time is activated with Rot's self inflicted damage, preventing your hero to die, but I was disappointed to see that neither Rot nor Pulse Nova activate Fiery Soul. Anyway Scorched Earth does, and it also deals damage per second while it heals your hero! So it's good for both chasing enemies and running away.
Natural Order is a given since Rot, Scorched Earth and Pulse Nova deal magical damage. However it can be replaced by other skills of your choice depending on your favorite style: if you wanna improve your mana for Pulse Nova, you can take Arcane Aura or Essence Aura. But if you rather to chase your enemies then you can take Thirst among many other options. Note that Sprint will make you take extra damage, which it would only be good if Berserker's freaking Blood would work as it should. Empowering Haste, Surge and Skeleton Walk are all good choices. Not sure about Skeleton Walk 's behaviour with Rot, Scorched Earth, etc. Will investigate later.
About Pulse Nova, well...when you are close enough to your enemies, cast it along with Rot and Scorched Earth to see hp go down in just a moment, while no one is able to run away from you fast enough. Degen Aura will not give you more speed, but rather reduce your foes speed, which is also really cool.
Shackles would also work nicely, moreover if casted at a short range. In theory Fatal Bonds would be cool too, but only if leveled because early-game is kind of weak. Nethertoxin is good for the mix too.

About the hero model, both Spirit Breaker and Meepo are good choices. Since Rot inflicts magical damage to you, it's obvious that you'll need magic resistance and Meepo is the hero with the highest base magic resistance, while the Spirit Breaker is the hero with the highest Base Strenght which is good to have more health that is a basic aspect of handling Rot.

Of course, Pudge's Hook is always a good choice, but there are better options like Geomagnetic Field.

If you would like to have more of a tank, then you could change the build a bit like this:

Rot + Vampiric Aura + Flesh Heap + Morph (not sure if it works, if not then Return) + Borrowed Time + Reincarnation.

You can also add your favourite Poisons, Stuns or Blinks to the mix!

Opinions?

#2 sewww

sewww

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

i hope no one pay attention on the  Rot + vampiric   part xD  
Also meepo has the same magic resist as the other heroes
Fairy soul has no place at all among these abilities.
Arcane aura is soooo crappy choice with  rot/sc earth / pulse nova 
P.S. that kind of dps combo sux for late game
In general , that topic is felt with nonsense

#3 sansalone

sansalone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

i hope no one pay attention on the  Rot + vampiric   part xD  
Also meepo has the same magic resist as the other heroes
Fairy soul has no place at all among these abilities.
Arcane aura is soooo crappy choice with  rot/sc earth / pulse nova 
P.S. that kind of dps combo sux for late game
In general , that topic is felt with nonsense

Vampiric Aura will enable the hero to gain hp while dealing damage, thus preventing you to die from Rot and also regen life after using it.
I took the info about Meepo's magic resistance from dota 2, so if in dota 1 is different then my bad.
Fairy soul does not exist. If you meant Fiery Soul, then I already explained that is good for chasing; Rot is only effective if you are close by, so it's important to be able to chase.
About Arcane Aura, it's a matter of preferences.
P.S. Wanna test if it sucks or not? What's your name account?
In general, you should be a bit more 
respectful.

#4 sewww

sewww

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

u wont restore a shit with that vampiric and the other skills u`v mentioned above. No damage and attack speed  u basicly will be one bigger lane creep walking around and feeding.
Lina passive is effective with low cd spells like blink , and its synergy is with the  HIT Based abilities not some crappy dps that even wont trigger the effect.
Also if u want to be good chaser u need fucking blink or some movement skill like time walk  , wave and other fast movement based skills.
Rot is good for combining with blade fury , u figure it out why.
U wont get my nickname  cuz I have not played from 6 months ,cuz  the good players i used to play with   switched to another games or just stopped playing ,  and now there so few of them

#5 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

Keep it civil, edited the response above. Please don't get personal

#6 sansalone

sansalone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

u wont restore a shit with that vampiric and the other skills u`v mentioned above. No damage and attack speed  u basicly will be one bigger lane creep walking around and feeding.
Lina passive is effective with low cd spells like blink , and its synergy is with the  HIT Based abilities not some crappy dps that even wont trigger the effect.
Also if u want to be good chaser u need fucking blink or some movement skill like time walk  , wave and other fast movement based skills.
Rot is good for combining with blade fury , u figure it out why.
U wont get my nickname  cuz I have not played from 6 months ,cuz  the good players i used to play with   switched to another games or just stopped playing ,  and now there so few of them

Scorched Earth DOES activate Lina's passive.
About Blink, I wrote that at the end of my first post...
So you're not gonna play...that tells me everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users