Bugs Gltiches Exploits

43 replies to this topic

#41 aisguard

aisguard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Remote Mines is false report, same as with normal mines - they just overlay 100% (they're on the exact same position).

Pleasee just check the replay,ok?? Im not retarded.I've box-selected the mines and checked count-IT DOES NOT WORK.I am familiar with overlay since i use SHIFT selection to overlay separate casts anyway.This bug was present in some old version,then fixed,and now it has appeared again.

EDIT: On further investigation including SP test-bug cannot be reproduced,however IT IS present in the replay i gave.You can tell if you watch 26-28 min replay time.When more than 1 mine overlay it appears brighter in color.My first cast of mine was x4 and visually you can tell its just 1 mine.You can even see how im repeatedly selecting them and my hero and wondering why its not working.Isn't there a way to get raw data from the replay to see how many units i spawned with that cast??

The fact that bugs that cannot be reproduced exist is disturbing.(absolutely sure thats not the first case).What sorcery is this??Im continiously amazed by the way your maps work,and not in a good way.....Im not being ungratefull or trying to piss you off,im just feeling disapointed by the way you and your collegues approach this and some other bug reports.

#42 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

thats the point of floating bugs. wc3' bugs + doto bugs + constantly changed devs = this

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#43 PancakeSpecial

PancakeSpecial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

The fact that bugs that cannot be reproduced exist is disturbing.(absolutely sure thats not the first case).What sorcery is this??I

Welcome to software. May I presume that you are not a programmer? Any time you write something large or complex, or even just script it, many things can happen that appear inexplicable. I call this "emergent behavior"--when a piece of code becomes complex enough that it can surprise and befuddle its own author.

When there is no single author and you are desperately trying to understand someone else's emergent behavior it gets really fun^H^H^Hcomplicated.

Factors that can affect the reproducibility of a bug in LoD:

- absolutely every thing that you do (and do not do)

- the outcome of decisions made based on coin flips

All you need to do to make a software engineer break out in a cold sweat is utter these two words: intermittent error.

tl;dr IT'S A MIRACLE THAT **ANYTHING** WORKS

#44 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:43 AM

Pleasee just check the replay,ok?? Im not retarded.I've box-selected the mines and checked count-IT DOES NOT WORK.I am familiar with overlay since i use SHIFT selection to overlay separate casts anyway.This bug was present in some old version,then fixed,and now it has appeared again.

EDIT: On further investigation including SP test-bug cannot be reproduced,however IT IS present in the replay i gave.You can tell if you watch 26-28 min replay time.When more than 1 mine overlay it appears brighter in color.My first cast of mine was x4 and visually you can tell its just 1 mine.You can even see how im repeatedly selecting them and my hero and wondering why its not working.Isn't there a way to get raw data from the replay to see how many units i spawned with that cast??

The fact that bugs that cannot be reproduced exist is disturbing.(absolutely sure thats not the first case).What sorcery is this??Im continiously amazed by the way your maps work,and not in a good way.....Im not being ungratefull or trying to piss you off,im just feeling disapointed by the way you and your collegues approach this and some other bug reports.

funny enough, most bugs related on conditions, which can be only achieved in multiplayer games but not reproduced in single player. catching them by single replay impossible.

thanks to my recent found, i have an idea what happening there are can try to fix it.

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, Gltiches, Exploits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users