Photo

Skills i'd like to see buffed in future updates.

Balanace Meta Buff

193 replies to this topic

#1 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Sprout - Lower mana cost.

Mana Drain - Higher base values (Scaling remains at same peak.)

Posion Nova - A new and/or better aghanims. Larger Aoe.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#2 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Yeah venos ult would be cool if it granted a level 4 poison sting to everyone hit (similar to the buff given to earthshakers ult).  It would make it worth getting.  Right now it's so weak it's not even worth getting.  You can just escape from the battle and it wont even kill you (stops at 1hp).  Youll pretty much die before the poison fully set in lol.  So the level 4 poison sting might do the trick.

#3 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yeah venos ult would be cool if it granted a level 4 poison sting to everyone hit (similar to the buff given to earthshakers ult).  It would make it worth getting.  Right now it's so weak it's not even worth getting.  You can just escape from the battle and it wont even kill you (stops at 1hp).  Youll pretty much die before the poison fully set in lol.  So the level 4 poison sting might do the trick.

Crazy overpowered. That would be 2028 Lethal AoE dmg = 1728 (poison nova level 3 agha, 16 x 108) + 300 (poison sting level 4, 20 x 15)

#4 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Lower the scepter bonus damage to make room for the sting.   The slow and the fact that it can actually kill you if your health reaches zero is what's needed.  Right now everyone just gets rearm ff or ff and nova or ff and crono.  Be nice to have a different aoe ult worth taking. 

#5 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

Fireshow could use a boost.  How about up the cleave bonus aoe to just as large of an aoe as his firewall.  Players I play with call fireshow a "junk skill"  cause it's too weak.

#6 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Agreed, Fireshow is a joke. Provides too little power for one skill slot.

- It needs to have atleast one value buffed to a recognizable point. To the point you'd actually care when playing against it.

- Damage, aoe, cleave radious, apply your own damage as well on the splash, a dot, armor debuff for affected targets, procks on hit effects (Lifesteal, maelstrom etc).

Posion Nova still needs to be buffed/promoted. It's underpicked in todays meta by far most ultimates there is to have.

- Who cares if it get's op. Nerf dat shit afterwards. Just take Freezing Field for example. Went straight to top meta -> nerfed. Still picked frequently and no one complains.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#7 Guest_rfpejante_*

Guest_rfpejante_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Raze lower damage when casted c x z

#8 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Greater Bash - Timed Cooldown instead of prock chance.

Warcry - It's underpicked as fuck. Do something appealing with it.

Fire Breath - Still underpicked, add a mechanic to it (Slow, Silence, Damage over time, Rooting, Ensare, Stun, Disarm etc).

Open Wounds - Further initial cast range, Has inherent 0.0 cast point.

Fate's Edict - Add a slow / haste effect on casted target.

Press the Attack - Lower mana cost.

Unstable Current - Also underpicked as fuck. Add a new game mechanic / bonus or buff current values.

Sun Ray - Total effect is prolonged over the efficency time limit for lod standards. Compress the total output in a shorter time span.

Telekinesis - Longer throwing distance / Airborn time.

Posion Nova - Removes 1 mana per damage dealt to all afflicted targets.

Living Armor - Shorter cooldown.

Sprint - An additional effect besides movement speed or make it a toggle effect.

Dark Rift - Add aghanims effect: Teleports hostile units as well. (Add visual effect for enemy team).

Magnetic Field - Shorter cooldown.

Mystic Snake - Lower mana cost.

Presence of the Dark Lord - Add additional effects vs buff current values.

Frozen Sigil - Add locust ability to dummy. Rework ability to single target on hostile unit. Dummy follows targeted unit. Nerf duration.

Time Lapse - Add aghanims: Adds subability - A Time Lapse that can target a/any unit. (Except buildings, roshan and ancients).

- Granting a second Time Lapse which may be used on allies, hostiles or self (Yes, twice). And creeps for lulz.

Reflection - Longer cast range vs Spawns a clone of yourself (Instead of your target).

Soul Catcher - Add a slowing effect to: Affected unit vs All within the AoE cursor.

Warpath - Add a new mechanic/effect vs buff current values.

Synergy - Add to game. Apply it to all player controlled units.

Witchcraft - Add to game. Add effect: Restores x mana after each spellcast (Instead of reducing mana cost on Silence + Swarm).

Gravekeepers Cloak: Add Hitpoint + Mana regeneration per charge.

Caustic Finale - Every 3rd -> 2 hits. (5->3 for ranged).

Frost Armor - Applies a chilling aura. Slowing attack speed of all hostiles with minor values. (In addition to regular slows applied.)

Searing Arrows + Cold Arrows - "Un-orbed".

Malefice: Lower mana cost

Demonic Convertion - Lower mana cost vs does not require a target to spawn (Example of Lightning Bolt @ Zeus).

Timelock - Grants same values as Bash from Slardar vs Gains a new effect.

Timelock + Bash - Reduced values for ranged models.

Electric Vortex - Remove self applying slow.

Enfeeble - Applies a slow vs new game mechanic.

Soul Assumption - Lower mana cost.

Empowering Haste - Remove activatable effect. (It sucks ass and prevents picking other skills during draft.)

Glimpse - Add an additional effect vs Deals damage vs Can target allies and/or Roshan.

Anchor Smash - Uses preset 0.0 cp.

Natural Order - Larger AoE.

Spell Shield - Grants additional Maximum hitpoints vs Additional primary stat.

Mana Void -  Larger AoE vs Add aghanims: Deals damage based on maximum mana instead of current mana.

Venomous Gale - Does not conflict with Shadow Strike and Viper Strike.
- And vice versa - thrice edition.

Surge: Add a new effect/mechanic (Healing, attackspeed, Magic resistance etc). Uses inherent 0.0 cp. Ignores magic immunity.

Poof - Can target allies and/or illusions. (Illusion targeting was implemented but does not work) vs Cast time removed.

Phase Shift: Gains a movement speed bonus for each projectile disjointed vs On cast.

Denique - Applies aghanims effect on copied spells if you possess one in your inventory.

- Add optional command: Cannot copy/draft a spell that has a hotkey conflict with your own drafted activatable abilities.

Thats all for now. Basicly covers most the underpicked stuff in my channel with simplistic solutions to gain more ground in the picking statistics in addition to a few additions i'd like to see as well.

- Which belongs to which catergory is up to you to find out. Not here on this post of course.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#9 TrueLies

TrueLies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

I would also like to add Macropyre to the list. Damage and AOE is quite weak compared to some other ultimates.

And scepter upgrade doesn't make it up but makes it even worse. 1650 range over 14 sec is pretty useless since width of spell is small and it takes 1 sec to avoid it.

I suggest to keep duration of 7 sec even with scepter and increase damage further more or split the effect in two lines (parallel to each other or in "V" shape) to cover more area.

#10 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

I would also like to add Macropyre to the list. Damage and AOE is quite weak compared to some other ultimates.

And scepter upgrade doesn't make it up but makes it even worse. 1650 range over 14 sec is pretty useless since width of spell is small and it takes 1 sec to avoid it.

I suggest to keep duration of 7 sec even with scepter and increase damage further more or split the effect in two lines (parallel to each other or in "V" shape) to cover more area.

Suggestion: Macropyre deals 50% of it's total damage on contact. Remaining 50% over it's burning duration.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#11 Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy_Cricket

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

Id like to see Thrall's ult have a wider AoE with scepter and a faster spell time to make damage and more damage.

#12 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Icarus Dive - Shorter cooldown + Uses inherent 0.0 cp.

New skill to game: In my element - While standing on water: User gains +X damage, +X Attackspeed, +X Movementspeed, has unitwalking and is cloaked unless a hostile player is within 450 range of user. Activate to create a surface of water around the caster, lasts until a new is placed.

New skill to game: Undertow: Launches a path of water before you in a line. Deals 50/100/150/200 damage. Water remains on ground for 10 seconds. Slows hostile units ats+ms while standing on water.

New skill to game: Watery Grave: Target a unit to deal X damage. Silences for X seconds. If target stands on water - Adds X damage and X seconds of silence to cast.

New skill to game: Endless wall: Become a wave and start charging in target direction. Gain Everything walking. In impact with enemy hero: Deals X damage, stuns X seconds and wet for X seconds (triggering previous effects suggested).

Poison Nova alternate Aghanims effect: Can now be casted from a target origin. 400-1000 Cast range.

Requiem Aghanims effect: Gains a sub ability: Blink to target location. Caster will systematicly begin casting Requiem after landing.
- Uses inherent 0.0 cp with 0.0 cast backswing. Gains higher soul cap on necromancery.

Blink Strike (Stealth Assassin):Increased damage. New Aghanims effect: Regain all charges on assisting or killing an enemy hero. Can now be casted on magic immune heroes.

Smoke Screen - Disables affected unit's inventory items from being activated.

Permanent invisibility: Gains unit walking. When breaking cloak - Gain a short movement speed boost.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#13 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Astral Imprisonment - Lower mana cost.

Suicide - New aghanims: Respawns after using suicide.
- Respawning with current mana values prior to death.

Inner Vitality - Lower mana cost.

Crystal Nova - Higher damage vs Lower mana cost vs Shorter cooldown.

Hearstopper Aura - Disables health recovery (Mimicking the effect of Iceblast).

Track - New aghanims: Cast range becomes global. Also grants new subability. Cast-(No target) to gain 1800 clear vision with truesight around your hero for 10 seconds.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#14 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

There are already enough aghanims upgrades as is. But I completely agree about preventing hp gain - it is a fantastic mechanic and should exist in more places than 1 spell. Heartstopper might be a tad too brutal to put it on, but, say, some weaker nuke - like fire breath, or brewmasters clap, and so on, could do with an exciting new mechanic.

Instead of mere abilities I wanted to point out a whole underpicked class - nukes without secondary effects. Fire breath, dragon slave, talon queens pure-damage-arrow-thingy, double edge and so on are all underpicked and for a reason. When the choice is 250 damage and 2s stun or 300 damage, , the 300 damage option never gets taken. Worse still are the single target nukes. They should either get even more damage, or some interesting non-disable, or, at least, non-stun mechanics to bring them up to par.

#15 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

Indeed.

Flat nukes without additional mechanics are rejected in general.

You could for a simple resolve:

- Buff their values.
- Add new effects.

And I will keep suggesting new additions to underpicked abilities and nerfing suggestions on overpicked stuff on the go as I have before.

Btw: Thunderclap does have an additional mechanic to it which Firebreath doesn't, slow.
- I suspect it's simply your comunity which prefer stuns above slows. It is by all means a powerfull spell.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#16 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Indeed.

Flat nukes without additional mechanics are rejected in general.

You could for a simple resolve:

- Buff their values.
- Add new effects.

And I will keep suggesting new additions to underpicked abilities and nerfing suggestions on overpicked stuff on the go as I have before.

Btw: Thunderclap does have an additional mechanic to it which Firebreath doesn't, slow.
- I suspect it's simply your comunity which prefer stuns above slows. It is by all means a powerfull spell.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

Breathe Fire was buffed in 6.84, now reduces base damage by 35% for 8 seconds.

Off-topic: 6.84 will arrive at LoD some time soon - work on it has definitely begun but we're not close to release it yet. Keep suggesting stuff you want to see for the next version!

#17 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

Off-topic: 6.84 will arrive at LoD some time soon - work on it has definitely begun but we're not close to release it yet. Keep suggesting stuff you want to see for the next version!

The biggest thing I would want to see is, and I am not sure if it is possible, more varied hotkeys. Like all the good stuns are on 't' (split earth, dragon tail, light strike array, storm hammer or whatever svens stun is called now), would be nice if more skills besides razes uzed x and z and q and so on. Didn't omnislash used to use 'n'?

Another big thing I think would improve the game a lot would be storms old overload back (mana/sec per attackspeed) and similar abilities to make actual int-based carries stand out more. Mayhaps change overcharge to just drain 2-3% of max mana/s. And more passives /buffs that work on casters - a la bloodrage, natural order, mortal wounds.

The last thing that I would change is the prevelance of flesh heap/essence shift/marksmanship. I would say that +stat giving passives should not give you +damage if you have a different primary attribute. Keep adaptive strike/etc working off from your highest attribute, but you should not be doubly rewarded by already strong skills. Flesh heap is prime tank material, so it should not also be giving agi carries great damage on top of that, in my opinion.

But kudos to the LoD team, the mechanics are actually great, buggy interactions are near non-existent and the map is a joy to play. Far from balanced still, but very, very well done and a pleasure to play!

#18 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Varying hotkeys would mean having to make an entire new spell that's 100% the same except for the hotkey - that's really not worth it, while there's tons of hotkey programs that solve this issue. If you don't play on RGC (as the use of GT is banned there due to GT's additional hacky-features and will promptly close your WC3 while playing), I can recommend Garena Total http://www.garenatotal.com/en/ - I only used the hotkey feature and it was always perfect. GT's other features are probably useless.

Works fine on battle.net nowadays as well, just not on RGC. For RGC, you can google "AHT hotkeys" or there's tons of others, warkeys, etc.

#19 Guest_vHAPpY :D_*

Guest_vHAPpY :D_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

:o  :o  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

#20 Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Varying hotkeys would mean having to make an entire new spell that's 100% the same except for the hotkey - that's really not worth it, while there's tons of hotkey programs that solve this issue. If you don't play on RGC (as the use of GT is banned there due to GT's additional hacky-features and will promptly close your WC3 while playing), I can recommend Garena Total http://www.garenatotal.com/en/ - I only used the hotkey feature and it was always perfect. GT's other features are probably useless.

Works fine on battle.net nowadays as well, just not on RGC. For RGC, you can google "AHT hotkeys" or there's tons of others, warkeys, etc.

I only meant changing the default hotkeys for existing spells to be more varied. Like I said, 4 good aoe stuns on 't' - why not change 2 of them to 'z'? Many stuns on 'e' - torrent, 2x impale, burrowstrike, change 2 of those to 'x', and so on. 'r'  hotkeys also seem overused to me, the others seem fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Balanace, Meta, Buff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users