Custom Keys not working

6 replies to this topic

#1 #Yolo

#Yolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

Don't know if its intended or a bug but i just got the new map and now my custom keys no longer work. (honestly i don't know why they keys are not qweras) but yea the items hotkeys still work..very annoying having to look all over my keyboard in the dark for the hotkey for spells..and turns out it doesn't even work

#2 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

most new skills requires editing file, but plenty (90%) of other skills should work just fine. if they aren't - check out different approaches, its not map-related.

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#3 XGN/Xyhannx65<3

XGN/Xyhannx65<3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

i recommend using GarenaTotal instead... Since i used this on LoD... i also used this when i play DotA 1....

Thanks for the devs for telling this at the main page :) :)
My hotkeys are fine and not too hard to memorize the hotkeys of every hero :P

#4 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Protip, draft properly.

I at one point tried Garena total. It crashed my wc3, beyond that point I never used it again.

- Sincerely Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#5 XGN/Xyhannx65<3

XGN/Xyhannx65<3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

Protip, draft properly.

I at one point tried Garena total. It crashed my wc3, beyond that point I never used it again.

- Sincerely Whiteboard.

That's kinda wierd... When i used GarenaTotal, it never happened to me :/ Anyway I already used it every game... I hate legacy either :P

#6 kuyz

kuyz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

I'm using garena total as well, and I thought the crashes i was having were rgc related. Can't even get window mode to work on rgc.

#7 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

I'm using garena total as well, and I thought the crashes i was having were rgc related. Can't even get window mode to work on rgc.

try this: in RGC, go to the settings, to the DotA Tab, and enter "-window" as a launch option.

Then, use this: https://github.com/C...eleases/tag/7.9 to make the window borderless. Using it with RGC and it's working great.

When using custom keys, make sure you start them as admin, although I haven't had luck with that (Windows 8.1).. But I don't mind it THAT much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users