Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

@Grief-code

Well spoken.

Everything is indeed counterable, there are jackasses who are "mvp's" in their own belief.

*Offtopic, im not offended.

I'm suggesting a change in the meta. To highlight other abilities that are most often ignored and a regretfull pick.

Everygame consists of Nukers with "any nuke (that has preferably a stun on it)" and people Nuking the nukers with nukes until their farmers get's bkb.

Per example, Posion nova is underpicked for good reason. It requires a hazardous positioning that doesnt pay off instantly. The numbers, sadly doesnt speak for the skill to be worthwhile to pick, with actually nothing beyond damage per second, while low at it.

For that reason, Echo Slam is picked above Psn nova, it has an immediate effect that can wipe a team flat out in a second.

-Black hole provides a 3 second window to dps all victims.

-Freezing Field provides an Aoe slow with extremly high/random dps factor.

-Epicenter provides slow (with increasing aoe over time).

All these skills have similiar circumstances to be casted for greater effects. Posion nova is most cases ignored, if casted during a clash.

If you prefer to play with "Balance off" and face onehitters everygame, thats your choice. But I dont see the point of standing against a new game mode.

More to the point, nukers can still nuke. Disablers can still disable, carries can still be stopped. It is simply less common for people to stunlocked by pure stuns.

If a caster initates a fight with stormbolt, he has a time window to cast his next spell, (may cycle repeat it'self endlessly). Or he can, as he see fit - flee.

This scenario hasnt changed.

If a caster initates a fight with "hex/vodoo", you got a time window to dps/nuke/flee. This hasnt changed.

If a caster initates with "Shackles", your lane partner got a time window to dps/nuke/flee. This hasnt changed either.

If a caster initates with "Primal Roar", you got a time window. This, as mentioned above (Non-ultimates) hasnt changed either.

What will change, is that people cant keep unloading for free kills recklessly without any drawbacks by overpicking purestuns. Granted that the mode is picked for the game. People who desire to play a game mode, will do so. On both sides of the same coin.

Essentially, arguing that  non-ultimate-stuns shall remain the same, is to incline that players gets less of a chance to respond when the fight begins. To incline less gameplay, less forethought, staler drafting meta and foremost: more of the same.

If you have a wild urge to play s6, go ahead, do as you please. If you have a wild urge to play a stunlocker, do as you please. If you have a wild urge to play a less perma-stun-frequent game, do as you please.

Sincerely, what part of a stunlock is enjoyable? An opponent who doesnt play or being unable to play. Cba to play with effort - ikr.

- Regards, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#22 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just a headsup, we'll try to implement a "diminishing returns" for stuns system soon. As always, "Try", because we don't want to promise anything.

This is to prevent so-called "stunlocks".

Keep in mind that these numbers are completely arbitrary, just to give an example:

1. First stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 1 second.

2. After 2 seconds, second stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 2 seconds.

- Diminishing Returns effect in place after being stunned for 2 seconds, reducing the duration of the last applied stun by 50%, with jumps of 2 -

3. After 3 seconds, third stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 2.5 seconds. (DR reduced total dur by 0.5)

4. After 4 seconds, fourth stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 3 seconds. (DR reduced total dur by 1)

5. After 5 seconds, fifth stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 3.25 seconds (DR reduced dur by 1.75)

6. After 6 seconds, sixth stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 3.5 seconds (DR reduced total dur by 2.5)

7. After 7 seconds, seventh stun of 1 second hits Hero. Hero is stunned for a total of 3.5 seconds (DR reduced total dur by 3.5)

additional stuns would not have any further effect.

The system would reset after 4 seconds of not being stunned - after 4 seconds, DR begins with step 1 again.

#23 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Good lord, are you shitting me? Dimminishing returns on stuns in lod. That really caught me offguard.

Ya'know, earlier today I actually gave up hope on lodding. As I went on for a stun-crusade, overpicking stuns that is. As a result, the game became bland and boring. I just went in, pressed hotkey1, followed by hotkey2, hotkey3 etc. And that was that encounter. You either got a kill and went back, or you didnt and went back.

Beside that pointless anecdote. First your self and now this. You have my stamp of approval. I hope that (first that you succeed with this project) other spells will be more viable when theres a drawback for hardstuns and cheesy nukers.

Bless you on your project, i'd be happy to be of use if it should be needed. 

And as for this thread/topic. It will have to wait for another day.

- Cheers to the staff and coders in lod, and those who supported the suggestion of highlighting new spells/builds.

- Rest of you pricks who demands things to remain the same, can blow me.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#24 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Now the post is dead.

The final verdict of this suggestion claims: "More Stuns -> More win". This is what people have argued for. Nothing must change, as a community - it's prefered that players can get stunlocked than not being able to be stunlocked.

Post has failed.

- GG humanity, as always.

GG humanity, as always.

#25 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

Patience is a virtue.

#26 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

I've run out of patience, and no other suggestion on this specific thread has been mentioned.

(Naturally, with the exception of your off-topic headsup.)

This thread, this mode, this suggestion, this alteration, is a dead one.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#27 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Final verdict of game mode.

Rejected.

"More stuns, more win" has spoken.

- Sincerely, Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#28 DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

ok, so we have now

In EB mode

1. stun 100% dur
2. stun 75% dur
3. stun 50% dur
4+. stun 25% dur
this DOESNT affect not-a-stun spells like Torrent or Shackles or w/e
this DOESNT affect ultimates (primal roar and any other you could think of)
this DOESNT affect avalanche due to hardcoded issues
what do you think about?
this could be the part of next patch as well

Remember that English isnt my first language. I have really tough time speaking it, tho can read freely.

#29 Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

I bet everybody will stop playing rgc1 mode now... 'cept me. EB has enough changes. Enemy picking stuns? Lots of creative builds can counter and demolish your opponent, you just have to think.

*Tips fedora*

#30 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

Apologies Dracolich for the late reply.

After the point of giving my verdict on the topics status, I stopped checking it.

Personally I would crank those numbers harder, leaving the third at 25% with forth and above at 0%.

And essentially, im more favourable of reducing in seconds, rather than stun-count. Ergo, after a stasis trap per example. You would be immune to stuns.

Last thing I think of your proposal, is to include the hard stun ultimates, such as roar and Rev. polarity. While leaving the other indirect disables (such as flaming lasso) with a free pass from this stun-dimminisher. (My intent as spoken before is to uplift a new meta).

Other than that, shame avalance is the case it is. But the proposal itself is better than nothing if the things mentioned above cant be coded.

Final verdict: Please include my alterations if you can/please at your convinience. But by all means implement it.

Thank you draco, Sincerely.

- Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

#31 dmzipp

dmzipp

• Moderators
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

it's a retarded mechanic because it rewards you for playing bad. if you want to be an effective damage dealer you'd first have to be disabled for a few seconds. it relies on some braindamaged enemy using a stun and then failing both killing and running away, like he wants to lose.

it's exactly the same bullshit as huskar's passive where one retard that uses his spells at the wrong time ruins everything for everyone and the thing is completely fucking useless if no one wants to be that retard.

#32 Syltmunk

Syltmunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Give everyone Kraken shell sans the damage block hhhhhh problem solved

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stun, Fest, Stunlock, Meta, Breaking the stunmeta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users