#1 klan-nedoklan

klan-nedoklan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSofia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi all,

I was thinking about this mode from a long time and mostly because I've got bored seeing the same heroes with the same skills almost each game.

I can't even remember a game without one of the following Burrowed Time, Chemical Rage, Grow, Multicast, Blood Thrust, Blink...

So the idea of this game mode is to think the opposite way - which skills are the worst possible pick for your mirror enemy.

You have to create the most useless build that can't farm, can't support, can't deal huge damage, can't evade or escape attacks.

See skills mode will be working as it is working at the moment and if it's enabled you will see what skills the enemy is picking for you otherwise it will be a surprise and depending on the skill set you will choose the hero you think best fits.

I will explain this step by step:

1. Game mode is entered and you start to pick skills

2. When you and your allies pick skills they are scored in the enemy scoreboard and the opposite when your enemies picks skills they pick for you and your team, but you can't see them. (you can see them only if ss is in the mode)

3. When the skill picking phase ends all question marks for your skills and the skills of your allies are revealed and hero picking phase begins. 

4. Everyone picks the hero for himself not for the enemy.

I think this can be implemented easy, because is just one massive switch, so there could be a problems with this command and has to be decided what should happen and after which phase you can use it.

The other similar game mode I am thinking about is pick mirror hero, which allows you to pick your mirror enemy hero on the hero picking phase.

Do you think this will be funny and has a future? 

Please comment

#2 sewww

sewww

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

First suggestion is good , second one already  in the map  , the mod is DU (duplicate mode) .

#3 ResQ

ResQ

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

The problem why we haven't done this mode yet is because of the spirit of LoD. What's so fun at LoD is that you can create builds and immediately play with them yourself - this is completely lost here. Same reason why -ardm mode gets boring quickly.
Also, people will just make complete shit builds - things that don't really work well together at all which destroys the spirit of LoD. It's just a more extreme version of DotA's -rv (reverse) mode. I bet the majority of players don't even know this mode exists - because it's not very fun to play, even if there aren't any skills involved.

I don't think this mode would be popular at all. LoD is all about making good, "overpowered" builds and then have fun with them - this mode would be the opposite.

#4 Whiteboard

Whiteboard

Ancient Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

I approve of the concept in detoriating the usual meta mumbo jumbo everyone does every game.

I believe however the masses will not aprove of it. I however do aprove it.

The mode's usage is up to the players, and even if its forgotten about fairly quick. It is in my sincere observation better to have more non-mandatory options that can alter how you play the game according to your taste.

The rest of it, is just convincing 9 other players to join your lobby (and if those 9 are pubbers, pray to a lord they dont rq after draft).

Modes are subjective in the end. As long as it doesnt harm the map in structural coding - there is no excuse to avoid doing it.

Unless the coders are lazy jerks.

-Sidenote, look up my suggested mode, which presumably should alter the pub meta.

-Second sidenote, I bet dota would be fairly lame if it only had allpick. ( even if its the most used one, lame to be subjected to it alone)

-Sincerely Whiteboard.

GG humanity, as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users